COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVICE?... MOVING TO GERMANY

So, after a long time I've decided it's time for a change and therefore I'm moving to Germany, specifically to Berlin, a city i adore and where I've always felt at home. Dunno why, but it's just the environment I look for.:D

Now, the only thing is to figure out how to move there legally in order to obtain a residence permit and/or settlement permit. I'm not a scientist or a skilled worker, I'm a Freelance Photographer and Independent Documentary Filmmaker, so I don't know what the outlook is for someone in my line of work. The thing is I don't plan to work within Germany, just live there and move back and forward to the Middle East and North Africa... hopefully further sometimes.

I've heard and read that immigration tends to give potential immigrants a hard time with not much information or very long waits to know about their status. I can't blame them, though with the global crisis that the world's going through many people might try to get advantage of another country's relaxed immigration policies.:/

Anyways... what advice would you give someone who was born in Mexico and has both Mexican and American citizenship to make my move more steady and lawful?

For your help and taking the time to reply to this humble post, you have my complete gratitude. :)
Oh, well, that's he plan, but if it's true that in order to be self-employed in Germany as a foreigner one must prove an investment of $500,000 dollars and create 5 jobs, I may, then, have run into a brick wall.:(

check out the freelance visa maybe? I've got a US passport holding friend who's been living legally in Germany and teaching English with that visa type. Here's a guide that might be useful:

http://alonglook.com/blog/how-to-get-a- … ance-visa/

AlfonsoM wrote:

...just live there and move back and forward to the Middle East and North Africa...

In this case you won't get a residence permit easily :/

The only solution is to buy a small flat I think :rolleyes: