Import/Export in Egypt

Hello there,

I am very interested to learn about whether or not Americans can own/co-own import/export businesses in Cairo.

I heard that we cannot be on the business license due to changes in the government, but would love to confirm that.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

April (American working in Abu Dhabi headed for Cairo)

Maybe you can contact the American Chamber of Commerce? http://www.amcham.org.eg/

Great   Thank you so much    Will do

Did you find out about importing/exporting to/from Egypt?

Not yet.....I contacted them, but haven't heard back....maybe they are not able to give 'legal advice' and/or are just too busy to respond.....not sure.....thanks for asking though

hi there...
you posted this Question from long time hope you found the answer, and if you don't...the Egyptian invest law didn't give the foreigner the right to establish export/import company...but if you opened a factory (we talk about millions) you can export / import the raw material and your needs and then export your product...
but you can go with Egyptian in partner ship and open (joint venture) company and do your export /import..
the Egyptian law of invest encourage export and didn't take any tax or fees on your export activity but take
tax on your import activity may start from 5%....135% .
or you have to find Egyptian company doing import&export to for you for low commission ....if you need let me know you...
have a nice day&be well....

Hey there .

You can open an investment company withan egyptian . But u cant import through this company except if u l produce something u can just import equipments . And for export u can export anything
This is 100% right. I have an investment company with my Slovenian partner . If u need help in establishing the company just email me and ll be plesure to guide u
Ahmed

Hello Ibrahim & Ahmed, i would like to know more as i am going to establish a company for export and import and trading with my serbian partner and she will be coming during this week for a short visit and we both are interested to make it together!

we will be having a lawyer and she will get a visa from my side in Hurghada!

so we need your advice concerning steps.

thanks in advance :)

Hi,
About export liciene you can get but for import need to have an egyptian partner