Social Security from USA to Mexican banks

Just wondering if any of you have a SS check sent from the USA directly to a Mexcian bank.....thinking today of how much I have to spend each time I use my card for purchases.....I know it would be less if I used my Mexican bank card.....
I know that we can do this but just wondered if you had any experience ........Think it is done thru the American consulate.

I have an account at Bank of America and use the ATMs of Scotia and Santander to withdraw pesos from the BoA account. I either use those pesos to make purchases or deposit them into my Mexican bank account. I then use the Mexican bank debit card to make purchases. Personally, I feel safer about having an account insured by FDIC. Although Mexican banks have an insurance scheme, I feel better about having my funds in a US bank. I don't carry the US bank debit card except to withdraw funds from the ATM. I carry the Mexican bank debit card and if it gets compromised or stolen, they'll only get a few thousand pesos, but not the funds in the US account.

I don't know how long it would take to get the funds into your account, but it is not done directly. My best guess is around 3 days.