Best place to live

Hi there,

I am looking to move to Abu Dhabi in May. The company I will be working for are based from Al Reem island. My question is: can people please give me some guidance on best areas to live?! Based on the below criteria.

Budget = 100,000 /yr
Bedrooms: 1 or 2
Facilities: pool, gym
Short commute to work
Easy access to shopping, nightlife, general things to do. Plus perhaps an expat community.

Have been looking at Dubizzle and there are various apartments which look great but as I'm not local wouldn't know which ones to show interest in or ones to avoid :)

Many thanks

Colin

Hi Colin , am sure with a 100k as accommodation allowance u can find something nice, even u can take 1 or 2 BD, in al reem Island it self, good luck mate,

Thanks Rabee,

Much appreciated :)

Check in Marina Square in Al Reem Island

My friend got a studio for 55,000 Dhs

100,000 is a good price to find a nice place there

Hi Hamad,

Thanks for the reply much appreciated. Marina square does seem nice seen a few pics of it. I have been told though that Reem island is pretty much a building site?! And I would need to book a taxi to have a beer.

What's your feelings on the corniche?

Colin

taxis are quite cheap here.  it would cost between 15-20 dirhams from reem island to get a beer in town.  marina square is probably walking distance to the closest beer (in the winter.  forget walking more than 10 feet in summer).

sky and sun towers are much better than marina square in terms of facilities and quality of build but they may be full now.

the corniche isnt that much closer to pubs and clubs than reem island as abu dhabi is quite compact.  the corniche is much livlier though than reem which is a bit dead at the best of times.