Thailand Forum

I am a UK expat and have lived in Thailand for several years. During that time I have contributed a fair bit in advice and help to folk on this forum.

I do not do it(offer help)with some ulterior motive in mind or to advertise some product or other thing, I do it because I have considerable real life experience of living in Thailand and have often found out the hard way of how things are done here. So sharing solutions might save someone the same heartache.

Whether its just me, I'm not sure, but I find that in the last few months the Thailand forum is decending into a joke, full of trolls and other time wasters.

I would like to know if other long term members feel the same and importantly what can be done to rescue what was in my opinion a valuable resource.

agree. perhaps beter admin would help. However, I've seen the same on several other forums. At times it seems like its just a gaggle of old hens that want to be noticed. Frustrating isn't it?

Thanks thetefldon for sharing your thoughts with us.

A small team of expats in Thailand would definitely help ... who's in ? (active members only, please)

Keep up the great work on this forum.  I intend to move to CM some day, and reading these posts gives me a great feel for the country.

Hi Julien

Thanks for picking up on my post. Just to clarify, my original post is not a dig at EB and the Thailand forum or indeed the mods.

I was hoping for some positive responses and suggestions of how we(the community) might improve the content of this board. Which in my opinion has really gone down hill over the last few months.

I can only speak for myself but I tend to avoid forums that contain a lot of unhelpful information and seem to be populated with folk who have never been to a country, let alone lived there.

By way of a positive example: when I as a newbie expat here I used several forum type sources to glean useful info about Thailand on matters as diverse as immigration to land ownership/housing. Stuff that really matters if you are moving home to a new country.

Finally, to people like thompsonwd40(great handle), can I just say that its good that you feel this way about the forum, but as with a lot of things in Thailand you need to apply a bit of "caveat emptor" to your decision making(thinking) if it is based on some of the replies/topics found here.

As to your question Julien, regarding a small team of expats in Thailand-really depends what you have in mind.

Personally I have some time I could devote to helping out electronically(via Internet)as a mod for example.

Hi thetefldon,

thanks for your feedback ; more than moderators, we need active contributors on the forums :)

Then if everything goes well we'll invite the active contributors to join the team, as we are already doing in other countries.

We need you guys !