Close

Las Olas Ecuador development

No.  I think actions speak louder than words.

Please be silent then! You have no idea what is going on! They have invested much too money in this property to let it go under! Furthermore, why do you feel obligated to post all these negative posts when you have no plans of moving there?  Why would you waste your energy? Not sure where you are coming from! How are you connected to this property and feel so compelled to bash it? Just questions from a concerned expat to Las OIas!

Fair enough.  I've spoken to sales agents on the project.  I was very interested in the project but, for me, there are to many concerns.  Many of my questions weren't answered satisfactorily and it's pretty obvious they rely on continued sales of homes to build out the development because the owner doesn't have the cash.  When I learned about the 20% discounts given to purchasers two months before I was contacted that ended it for me.  I think the risks today are no different than the original purchasers.  I love the concept and was very interested.  View the youtube videos on construction.  September 2015 undergrounds were to begin as was construction.  They are building homes now but still no undergrounds.  Just seems they are having issues they don't want to discuss.  By all means invest and I won't post further unless coerced by a question..good luck to you.

I have been following this thread with great curiosity for some time.  Las Olas was a development that we were considering when my husband and I were interested in investing into a coastal development in South America.  My husband is in construction, nothing of this magnitude to be sure.  However, he did mention that it was so odd to put up homes without any infrastructure at all.  Pictures being posted of the homes going up mean absolutely nothing without water, hydro, sewage, etc.  And I am told that the number 1 most important thing in building on the coast, is water.  No water = no homes ,no golf course, no beach club, no equestrian centre, etc. etc. Also, I learned that an owner does not receive a deed to his/her property, even if paid in full, until all utilities are in, up and running.  There are no promises here that that will happen.  Just a lot of words and assumptions.  So if you want out, you can't, because technically you don't even own what you paid for!  What really put the brakes on for me, was stueyolson's comment that the buyers/investors money was not put into a trust, but used at the developers discretion as they see fit.  Las Olas is a wait and see.  For those that have bought or invested and have faith in this project, I wish you all the best.  However, I think there is a possibility that this project may never be completed.  SWH & CV made the comment that Las Olas has invested too much money in the property to go under.  But the money was never their own . . . . .   I'm going to hang on to mine.

You are right.
Las Olas keep moving dirt around.
One has to keep the eyes wide open and pay attention.

GMistral :

You are right.

So, do we have any printable updates?

mugtech :
GMistral :

You are right.

Las Olas Facebook page is the perfect place to get all the latest news about this real estate project on the coast of Ecuador.

You can also access to past newsletters from Las Olas to understand where the project is standing.

yulrun :
mugtech :
GMistral :

You are right.

Las Olas Facebook page is the perfect place to get all the latest news about this real estate project on the coast of Ecuador.

You can also access to past newsletters from Las Olas to understand where the project is standing.

Thank you

yulrun :
mugtech :
GMistral :

You are right.

I did not enter the facebook page because it requires a registration I do not wish to do.

The latest newsletter I found at the second link is dated September 2016, last month.

It says three homes are under construction.

That statement does not necessarily indicate any above-ground construction.

So  far as I am aware, above-ground construction has not been shown to have occurred at Las Olas.

A PM message I received recently indicates that Las Olas has contracted to deliver for occupancy the first several homes in 2018.

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia :
yulrun :
mugtech :

I did not enter the facebook page because it requires a registration I do not wish to do.

The latest newsletter I found at the second link is dated September 2016, last month.

It says three homes are under construction.

That statement does not necessarily indicate any above-ground construction.

So  far as I am aware, above-ground construction has not been shown to have occurred at Las Olas.

A PM message I received recently indicates that Las Olas has contracted to deliver for occupancy the first several homes in 2018.

cccmedia in Quito

The newsletter shows pictures of rebar on a roof structure, so yes, there is above-ground construction going on at Las Olas...

There is also an image gallery that is frequently updated with pictures of both homes and golf course construction.

Expatriate health insurance in Ecuador

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ecuador

Moving to Ecuador

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ecuador

Travel insurance in Ecuador

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ecuador

Flights to Ecuador

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ecuador