Meeting / baby-sitting!

Hi there!
My name's Peter and I live in Lille. I'm actually looking for an English-speaking baby-sitter for my little daughter.
I'd be glad to meet English-speaking parents to interact and share some activities.
Feel free to get in touch with me.
Talk to you soon then!
Peter

[Moderated: please communicate by pm]

@Peter, you may post an advert in the section Jobs in Lille.;)

Harmonie

Hello Peter!
How are you? I saw you were looking for an English speaking babysitter in Lille. Are you still in search of one?
Im Sophie, native English and qualified as an English teacher. As well as teaching I am more than happy to offer myself as a babysitter. Let me know if your interested and I can send you more information about myself :D
Take care!
Sophie

Hi Sophie!
Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed I'm still looking for one, so I'd be interested in meeting you so as to share more information and telling you about our plans for our little one. Basically, the idea is mainly for Emma (that's her name!) to spend some time playing, singing, painting, drawing and reading books in English! Although she's still young (just 18 months-old), she's always been used to a bilingual environment as I speak to her in English only and her mother does the French part!
I am quite available these days so just let me know whenever you're free; we'll agree on a date and suitable time.
Talk to you soon then.
Bye for now,
Peter (By the way "Pierre" is my real name!)

Hi Pierre!
I saw that you were searching for a babysitter. My name is Jody and I am a native English speaker and a nurse with a specialty in psychiatry. I have experience working with children in early childhood  as well as teaching. Please let me know if the position is still available. Thank you !

Jody

Hi Jody!
Thanks for your reply. Yes the position is still available and I'd be glad to meet with you to tell you more about our plans and expectations regarding the baby-sitting hours. I don't know how free you are at the moment but I'm quite available myself these days as my schedule has become lighter; so feel free to suggest a few dates/days.
Thanks for your interest. Hope to be reading from you soon.
Bye for now!
Peter (By the way Pierre's my real name!)

Hi Pierre,
My schedule is similarly open. I am available to meet as early as this afternoon from 14-18, or Thursday/Friday anytime between 11 and 18. Please let me know what dates work best with your schedule.
Thanks! Look forward to meeting you.
Jody

Hi Jody,
Well I'm teaching tomorrow and Friday morning. But we could meet somewhere in Lille on Friday afternoon, maybe place Rihour (kind of usual meeting point) by the paper kiosk close to the subway station. How about 1.30 p.m.?
Actually, Emma (my little daughter's name) is seeing a young British girl once a week or so; but she's going back to England in May, so we're looking for someone from May onwards. I don't really know what your future plans are or whether you're in Lille for a few years/months or not. Would our plans suit your situation and expectations?

Talk to you soon then. Just let me know about your intentions.
Thanks.
Pierre

Hi Pierre,
I will be in Lille till mid- July and am looking for part-time work so starting in May 1x week would work out perfectly. I will see Friday at place Rihour. I will be wearing a grey coat so you can more easily spot me.
Thanks! See you soon.
Jody

Hello again!
Ok then, sounds good to me.
I'll be at Place Rihour at 1.30. I'll be wearing a long brown coat, I'm tall and quite bald so I guess I can be spotted easily too!
Here's my e-mail address, just in case; it'll be easier to reach me: [email protected]

See you on Friday then. 
Pierre

Hi Pierre,

We are moving to Lille in July, we have 2 daughters, 4 and 2 years old, older is trilingual. Younger understands well. We will be looking for english playdate or any english activities.
We could meet once and see how kids go along.

Thanks,
Andrea

Hello Andrea,
Thanks for your message.
It'd be a good idea to meet indeed to see how the kids interact. The idea for us is to share activities in English with our little daughter (she'll turn 2 in early Sept) who's been raised in a bilingual environment since she was born.
When exactly will you be settled in July? Do you know where about? Are you guys coming over for professional reasons and for a long time? What is the third language that your older daughter speaks? What languages are spoken at home?

Just get back to me and we'll see how we can plan things out.
Talk to you soon then.
Pierre

Hi Pierre,
Great :)
We will move mid july, in Vieux Lille, near Gutenberg school. I am slovakian, my husband is french and we speak english together. Older one is in french school in Amsterdam, where they have 2 days in french and 2 in english. Little one is reacting and started speaking  all three languages as she is exposed to all 3.
Once we settle a bit we can meet and exchange ideas. I know there is bilingual story reading in one library, I don't know the details but i know the girl organizing it, so I can let you know later, we are planning to go there too.
Have a great summer and hope to see you and Emma soon (Charlotte will be 2 in few weeks.)
Andrea

Great indeed!
I see the picture: looks and sounds awesome to deal with 3 languages. We "just" manage two at home...
I'm bilingual myself and it's funny and impressive to see how much Emma can understand, repeat and practice English with me and French with her mum and other people around as she was born here.
She wasn't lost when we went to England as she was already familiar with the language.
It'd be nice to meet up at some point. We live in the south of Lille pretty close to the airport though we don't really hear the planes.
As soon as you guys are settled and organized, we'll set up a day and place and share our common plans/experiences etc.
I'm open to story-reading or to any kind of English-speaking activities. I also know there's a British cultural center in Lille but they don't offer anything special below 3.
Here's my e-mail address for us to communicate more easily: [email protected]
Talk to you again soon.
Take care.
Pierre

Hello Peter / Pierre!

I've just read your postings, a little late but I've been away for a long holiday.
Perhaps you've found new friends already for your little girl?

I've got a little boy who just turned 2, and my friend, Andrea has a little girl the same age as your Emma. We speak in English. I believe you received a reply from Andrea who has 2 daughters, but this is a different Andrea!

I only speak English with my little one at home, my husband is British and I'm Malaysian.
But he learns French at the nursery.

It would be nice to know new people with young children.
if you are interested in playdates for the kids, let me know.

Cheers, Ivy

Hello all,
I am just reading your emails and It looks like it would be great to meet you guys.
We are just back in Lille after 6 years in Sydney... And we have 2 little ones (3 and 4 years old) who speak english... But my husband and myself are French and we have always spoken French to our kids. Since they are bilingual, I am looking for an english speaking nanny or a babysitter to look after them in the evening, after school and sometimes for the evening when we go out. If anyone knows a native english speaker who could be interested, Please let le know, I would love to get in touch with this person. We leave in Marq en Baroeul, only 10 minutes from Lille by tram or by car.

Let me know as well if you organise playdates with your kids, it would be fun to meet and see our kids play in English as they used to do!!

Cheers, Anne-Laure

Hello Anne-Laure -> Concerning the nanny, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Jobs in Lille section. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Sophie,
are you still in Lille? And available for baby sitting?
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

If you looking for a babysitter I suggest you post an advert in the Babysitting in Lille section please :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Ivy,
Sorry for not replying earlier but I've been very busy since we last were in touch.
So we're still looking for some English-speaking families to arrange play-based meetings for our kids to have a good time and for us to meet informally. Our little Emma is now 24 months old and loves other kids' company!
So maybe we could set up a date/place to meet up, and Andrea (I was alos in contcat with at some stage) might join us too!
Talk to you soon hopefully!
Take care,
Pierre

Hello guys,
my kids are 3 and 4 and I would love them to meet and play with english speaking kids as we have spent 6 years in Australia.
Is anyone interested for a play date in a parc (parc Barbieux in Roubaix for instance or Parc du Heron in Villeneuve d'Acsq) on a wednesday afternoon?
By the way, I am still looking for an english speaking babysitter to look after my kids some days after school or some evenings. I have posted job ad in the job section of expatblog, but I did not got many answers. So if you know anyone interested you would recommend, please let me know.
Thanks and hopefully see some of you soon, Anne-Laure

Hi Peter,

Do you like to have from out of France like India. Or you are just searching locals.

Greetings
Sachin

Hello Andrea. if you are still looking for a babysitter please let me know. I am Slovak, I speak English and correct French. I was already working with children. I am living close to Lille now. In case of interest please contact me on noricanora@gmail. com. 

Greetings
Nora

Hello Anne Laure. if you are still looking for a babysitter please let me know. I am Slovak, I speak English and correct French. I was already working with children. I am living close to Lille now. In case of interest please contact me on noricanora[at]gmail. com. 

Greetings
Nora

@ Nora: Please feel free to post an advert in the section babysitting in Lille :)

Hello i am looking à job And im intéresser of your offre im living in Lille
You CAN contact me ...0626640856 my name is connie

Hi there! We're not interested thank you. We're looking for a native speaker, a real one!
Good luck.