New to Expat Blog

Hi, I'm new to Expat.com but have been living in The Netherlands for a year and a half. I write a blog called American Girl in Holland and have also been asked to write for the Eindhoven News. I write an article called American Girl in Brabant and also a monthly person of interest interview. I'm enjoying this new twist in life and living every moment to the fullest.

Proost,
Lisa

Hey Lisa!

It sounds really cool what you're doing at the moment are you a journalist? How did this all come about? :)

Im moving here in a week and im so nervous! You make it sound really exciting and fun. :)

Hello Lisa.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

I have a degree in Elementary Education fro Iowa State and had only worked as a teacher before raising my kids. When we came here I kept posting funny stuff that was happening on Facebook for my friends and family back home. One of my friends encouraged me to start a blog and that's where it all began. I've had several people approach me to write for them about the experience and so I usually just share with everyone. I have a weekly column with the Eindhoven News.
As for coming next week.. this is my advise for everyone... be kind, friendly and try to remember you're a guest. Everyone has been very helpful and kind to me. Also, do yourself a favor and get involved in an international club or something from your own country. It's very nice having others who understand what you're going through.
Have a wonderful time!
Lisa