Looking for a place to stay in Paris

Can anyone help us with the search for a shared flat?

Three years ago we moved from Germany to Newfoundland, Canada. Now our youngest daughter wants to go to Paris, France, to study French at the Alliance Francaise. Her flight is booked for October 10th and she still has not found a reasonable accommodation. For the first days she can stay with someone we know. Here is her little blurb:

" I'm an 18 year old German-Canadian female looking for a flat and roommates in Paris. I will arrive in Paris October 11th and will be staying for a minimum of three months. I will be studying at the Alliance Francaise, Boulevard Raspail. My budget is around 300 to 400 Euros a month. I'd love to hear from you, Sofia"

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,

Pia

Have you asked at the school about leads on places to stay?  They may know some of the local systems, or there may be a notice board up for students at the school?

Try and see if she can apply for the Cité Universitaire. It's a great place, with students from all over the world.

Moreover it is quite close to Bld Raspail

Dear Pat and dear Orneta,

The Alliance Francaise has a few offers but very pricey ones. In the summer months it is cheaper to find a place because of the empty residences in the Cité. Someone is looking into the Cité universitaire options for us, but I am afraid for this more or less unconventional stay in terms of dates it could prove difficult at a residence. But thank you for reminding us of that and the link.

We were hoping that a private flat share would be a solution to the problem but so far have not had much luck with responses.

Thanks for your responses,

Pia

Pia »» My sister lives in Paris, she must be on the flight back (from South Africa), I'll ask her if she is interested. But no promises.

I found my roomate on these websites, but it's mostly in french :
http://www.colocataires.com and http://www.appartager.fr

Good luck...

Merci à tous pour vos réponses. Vous êtes très gentils de prendre votre temps.

We have looked at a lot of websites but for some reason not at the ones you mentioned, pierkieroul. So, thanks for the links. (I saw you are living in Japan. We lived in Kobe for three years with our three children and really enjoyed the time. How are you finding life in Japan?)

Thanks Jo Ann.

I'll keep you all posted on news in that matter.

Pia

Good weather, nice people, great public transports and amazing miniskirts.... Viva Japan !

Just wanted to let everyone who tried to help know, that my daughter found a room until mid-December with someone she met at the youth hostel. Not bad for a 2 weeks search. October is in fact the worst month to look for a flat in Paris. Now is the question will she be able to find something for the time when she returns for the next round of classes in February. But I guess with all the contacts she will be able to make in the meantime...

So thanks again everyone for your ideas.

Pia

Good news. And thanks for letting us know, that's kind of you.

All the best

En France, il existe tout un réseau de résidence universitaires réservées aux étudiants universitaires.

Il est donc bon de télephoner à l`école afin d'obtenir des informations. Il est existe également un organisme qui s'appelle le CROUS et quoi pourrait beaucoup vous aider.

Bon courage et bienvenue en France!

Salutations

Steffy

I heard that rent flat in Paris is much more cheaper than book hotel or hostel...

Hi Pia - I have a fantastic house (get that, a HOUSE) in the 18th, just off Boulevard de Clichy -  available until the 13th of December.  You would have your own queen sized bedroom with desk, bathroom, with bath, towel warmers.  To share with one other, me... Not sure if it's suitable but I would be asking for 500 Euros.  Truly living it up in Paris though.

Hi, you can find some place on this site, dreamingparis.net/

I've been in Paris and I rent flat two bedrooms and kitchen with microwave and kettle and fridge
quite place only 10 minuts from metro and and 15 minutes to the center of paris what is very close to  the most important monuments champs elyssees concorde and opera ...
and you don't need concierge desk because people who are renting this flat are very helpful and told us what to see what to visit
Their contact [email protected]
or website (Moderated)

they have also B&B in their house
very nice rooms ans cosy at the most important at very good rate :)http://www.globrelations.com/pokoje