How the maltese education system relates with the romanian one?

Hi everybody!

I am new here and this is my first post. My question is about how the maltese education system relates with the romanian one. My son is 17 yo and he will graduate his 10th grade in June ( latest 2 years represents 2 years in high school). From my searchings and readings on this matter I concluded that he finishes his compulsory education agreeding with the maltese system. He will need a National Cetificate for his secondary education. Is that correct? Where can he get this? If he is interested in attending the ITS or a technical school, do I need to contact directly the school in this respect?
Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward for your replies.

Hi lumis, a new thread has been created on Malta forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie

Hi lumis,

welcome to the forum.

Education in Malta is compulsory through the age of 16 so your 17 year old son has fulfilled his obligations.

He will have to provide appropriate certificates regarding his school degrees from Romania to contuinue education in Malta. These would also have to be translated into English and certified.

For the ITS English and Maltese language skills at o-level standard  are required. It might be possible to substitute Maltese for some other skill.

So you will need to collect all relevant documents in Romania to present these to the Malta Qualifications Council for assessment.

Cheers
Ricky

Many thanks Harmonie!!! :)

Really glad to read your  very useful answer. I didn't know about this council. I will try to get more information from there.
Many thanks!

Congrats for your work here (you and the entire team)