Guitar classes... anyone?

It's been a little over 4 months now in Kuwait and as most of us have experienced, the first few months are always the toughest. Finding out which restaurant has the best view, which sheesha place is the best etc. Needless to say, there isn't much to do otherwise after work.

On such a nonchalant day, i made my way to High St. and bought myself an acoustic guitar. The problem? I have no idea how to play. So here's a shout out to fellow forum-ers (dunno if that even made sense); anyone know classes/ teachers or just strummers? Will be an awesome excuse to make some sweet noise.

Cheers.

whereabouts did u snag it and how much did it set u back, if u dont mind my asking

a lot of the peeps would say watch a few tutorials on youtube and then explore. i for one am just like u, in need of learning, ive mastered one tune which i forget depending on how long i go without practicing it.

Hi Legacy.

There's this very nice little shop ... almost a hideaway on High St. I don't quite remember the name, but its in the ground floor of a building where there is an underground clothing mall.

Got an Ibanez. MRP of 60, but got it for 45. & you are so much better than me, coz I don't even know how to strum. In short, so worthless that the YouTube videos didn't make sense either.

Anyway, a friend called saying there are classes which take place. Might be able to check them out this weekend.

do let me know how it goes :)

Aloha, Eagle on the move, If your interested, PM me, We can meet somewhere, I can show you a couple things to get you on your way.

Later Days

Das,

Hey Eagle, I m also looking for some places to learn guitar. If you find one, can u share it here , or pm ?  thanks

Thanks a ton Dasanism. It will be great to catch up - surely will let the ball rolling at least.

Furkan, i had one friend scout for a couple of teachers and he landed up with one who gives out classes by coming to your house. we are waiting for his reply now, will keep you posted. Dasanism was kind enough to help us out, am sure :) keep jammin'

If you need any help, please let me know. Pm me if your teacher falls through. Joe

Hey Guys... This is eric... Been teaching guitar basics and intermediate levels for a while now... Let me know if you guys are interested. 96646969

I would be interested to learn guitar also, if you found a place or someone who can give us some sessions as beginners pls let me know, thks

Thanks for all the interest guys.

I have spoken to Eric.. it will be great if we could gather a mixer group and make some music (well at least try to)

Yes count me in...

Moving to Kuwait this summer, my kid (11 years old) has done 1 year of guitar with a really good teacher in Ireland and would like to continue learning...
Does anyone know a good music school for kids, or maybe a teacher who comes to your house and that they can recommend from personal experience?