Conditions of buying scooter or motorbike...

Hello fellow expats...
What are the conditions in term of insurance and registration papers for a 125 cc scooter or motorbike in mauritius. I would like to buy one put can really find out if it is worth the trouble both for when i buy it now and when i have to sell it later....
Can some one help...

Well it depends whether you want to buy a second-hand one or a new one.

New - insurance around 4000rs. Registration around 10,000.

Second hand - insurance (you want to have comprehensive cover) about Rs.3000 and registration will depend on the age of the motorcycle.

For how long will you be in Mauritius? Cos' I read on another thread that you could hire a scooter for rs300 a day which is a fair price...

If you will be here for more than 2 months (60x300 = 18000; 90x300 = 27000) it could be worth buying one, new or second-hand.

I will be here for 4 months at least, so ill will be paying over the new price for the 4 months of the bike. I think thats a little drastic... but maybe its the way to go....

Well maybe that would be a real waste of money: you can buy a decent new 125cc motorcycle or scooter for 50k rupees approx. If you sell it after 5 months, say to be pessimistic you sell it at half the price, you still win.