Non-Immigrant Visa

I have posted many times on here and the answers I have received to my many questions has helped me in my quest to retire to Thailand when I am over 50yrs. So another little question from me.

I am potentially arriving in Thailand at the end of this year when I will be 49yrs old. What my plan is, is to obtain a Non-Immigrant Visa (ED) and study for 12 months at Chiang Mai University. During my studies I will turn 50yrs .

I have studied what I wish to do, however I was wondering if I had missed anything that I need to be aware of.

1. If I was to study whilst 49yrs old, are there any minimum hrs I need to study?, as I can't find the answer to this anywhere. The course I am looking at only offers 6yrs per week, however there is another course that I could study at the same time that offers 10hrs per week.

2. Whilst in Chiang Mai, when I turn 50yrs, can I then obtain a retirement or will I need to return home first to the UK?

3. Anything else I am missing regarding this idea of mine.

Many many thanks on any advice.

Howie

You need to clarify about what subject you want to study.
For Thai course example, you will need to register min.180 hours and our school has three options: 4 hours/week, 6 hours/week, 9 hours/week. You have to apply for visa from Royal Thai Embassy where you reside. You will get the permit to stay for 90 days on arrival and every 3 months extension in Thai local Immigration office. I recommend you to choose the school with credibility and long term experience to warrant your visa issuance.

Many thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated. I am thinking of studying at the CMU and the AUA, both in Chiang Mai, 6 and 10 hrs per week.

Howard

Hello again

The course I am looking at is the Thai Language Course at CMU which offers 6hrs per week over a 12 month period (216hrs).

If I started a couse either this one or one similar, would I be able to obtain a Non-Immigrant Visa (ED). Then whilst I will be in this forst year I will turn 50yrs therefore be able to apply for a retirement visa.

If the hours arent enough I would be able to attend another Thai language course at the same time as the CMU course is evenings and weekends only, therefore I will be able to attend one in the day hours.

Many thanks for any advice

Howard

Practically, a Thai course with 200 lessons is qualified for 1 year ED visa, but it also depends on the reputation of the school, which is recognized by MOE. Our school has the branch in ChiangMai as well and you can take a Thai course in day time. I will send you the detail information in private message.

Regards,
Trang