The love that can make the difference- Interesting Story Don't Miss

A woman came to see Vinoba Bhave, the well-known social leader, and said, "I am very unhappy."
Vinoba asked, "What is the matter?"

In a voice full of grief, she replied, "My husband is an alcoholic. He drinks everyday and abuses me. Sometimes, he beats me up. My life is hell."

Vinoba asked, "When he gets drunk, what do you do?"

She replied, "I get upset. Earlier, I used to scold him. That did not help. So now I have started to observe fasts."

"You do not eat or drink during the fast?," asked Vinoba.

"No," she said, "I eat fruit."

Vinoba said in a simple natural tone, "Oh, then your husband must get very upset. Your eating fruits must have increased the household expenses."

The woman kept quiet. Tears filled her eyes.

Vinoba said, "Nobody can be made to give up wrong things by our getting angry or by our giving up food. We can change others through love and patience. The love that can make the difference comes from within. Our hearts should be pure. If there are bad feelings in our hearts and we show insincere love, it makes matters worse."

The woman asked, "What should I do? I lose control of my senses when I see him drunk."

"This is the root cause of your trouble," explained Vinoba. He continued, "You can bring your husband back from the path of evil only when you control your own bad feelings. First you should try to change yourself."

The woman bowed and left. The joy of having found a noble way reflected on her face.

Aano bhadra krtavo yantu vishwatah.(- RIG VEDA)
"Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions"

"People may post interesting moral,love , touching short stories here to refersh ourself"

"A Box Full of Kisses"

The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy."

The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found out the box was empty. He yelled at her, stating, "Don't you know, when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside? The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They're all for you, Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

"In a very real sense, each one of us, as humans beings, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses... from our children, family members, friends, and God. There is simply no other possession, anyone could hold, more precious than this"

I thought you said you were leaving?

After reading

"Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions"

Why not "Those thoughts" from expat-blog  -- so still hang here until I become busy.

Why no comments about the post

Absolutly wonderfull storys..
I think that there meaning is really powerfull.
And we should all sit back and take time to think.
Its true that the only oneŽs who can hurt us is our selfs not the people around us and by acting with anger or hate will never be the solution.
Thanks for your storys,
and hope to hear more... :D

I am still thinking !! What to write?

Or, to make it more clear; still waiting noble thoughts to inspire me; what to say !

Yes, got the message..
Somebody should whistle to Vinoba Bhave that there is another easy solution; which is more applicable..

If somebody forbid drinking alcohol... guess how I inspired !

Here is another great story.. but all real !

Link 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olymp … wer_salute

Link 2 http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/olympi … 69969.html

Clayre wrote:

Absolutly wonderfull storys..
I think that there meaning is really powerfull.
And we should all sit back and take time to think.
Its true that the only oneŽs who can hurt us is our selfs not the people around us and by acting with anger or hate will never be the solution.
Thanks for your storys,
and hope to hear more... :D

I am fully agree with you. I was angry two days ago. I was trying to control that time. I sit back then I planned to quiet this forum also that time i come across this story I change my mind to be cool

Yes Only we can hurt ourselves not others can hurt us.

I have posted under the Saudi Arabian Forum. nice to get feed back from Spain

aticus wrote:

Yes, got the message..
Somebody should whistle to Vinoba Bhave that there is another easy solution; which is more applicable..

If somebody forbid drinking alcohol... guess how I inspired !

I Guess -- from Saudi Arabian Govt rules

Wish to laugh more please visit here

http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24271