Wanting to retire

My husband and I with our child age 11 are wanting to retire to Roatan Honduras, but don't know how that will be with a small child how is the schooling? Also we are looking for somewhere inexpensive to stay while we are there checking it out for a few months. I can't seem to find out what the cost of living is there. We visited there a couple of years ago and loved it Could someone please help me out with these issues Thanks Kathy

I'm new at this my post earlier said Roatan but I live in Kentucky as of now wanting to move to Honduras Kathy

Hello Kathy,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank You for welcoming me Kathy

This comes down to how do you really want to live. You can live on $1,500.00 per month on Roatan living simple. You can live for less on The Mainland. Private bilingual schools are available. You will need to speak with other expats that have a child that's in or been in schools.
How large of a home or apt are you looking for to rent ?

We are looking to rent a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom we have a big house now and we don't use half of it so we really want to go small Thanks for you're help Kathy

I can assist in finding expats a place to be neutral finding a home or bungalow to retire or simply to relax to make a final decision on where they want to relocate.
Don't forget that there are opportunities to rent out your property for income before you move or retire.

Hi again When we vacationed in Roatan we went to a cigar bar that was next to a little swim up bar that had rooms for rent above it but our computer crashed (what a bummer) taking all our vacation photos and info with it would you happen to know the place I'm talking about the rooms for rent were for sale. Also we are looking to rent a hotel inexpensive on our first trip back wwill be thet for a couple of months any ideals. Thanks Kathy