Mounting Bike Trekking or Trails

Hi my name is Shaun, and I am due to move out to Jeddah in the August, ready to start employment in education.  I am keen to find out about mountain biking in Jeddah such as known trails, tracks or circuits.  More importantly, are there any restrictions i should be aware of.  SM signing off

Hi Shaun!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi,

Actually I was waiting for someone to post an answer to your inquire Hoping to know the answer myself,  but  am thinking that there are no such activity as mountain biking available here in Jeddah. The nearest “mountains” to Jeddah are in Taif (180Km east). I know that you can buy mountain bikes here so am sure that they are selling them for a reason.

I read that you are moving to here in August and to be honest no outdoor activities are advisable during summer time in Jeddah with the exception of diving and swimming.

When people go hiking into the desert, they go to places known to them by word of mouth from others who had been there. No real hiking trails.

If you are an outdoors guy, then diving can be your new passion here in Jeddah.

Welcome to Jeddah in advance..

Thank you for your comments, they are very helpful.  I will take this on board.  I will be moving to Jeddah in August, and I am very much looking forwards to it.

Oh I forgot to say that I am a qualified BSAC Dive Leader, although I have not dived for about 13 months, due to WORK.  But I am hoping that will change!