Visa restriction

Hi can anyone tell me what are the new laws re visas.in the past every 3 months one could go to Greece get passport stamped and return for 3 more months.Has this changed?And how much is it to renew residency.
Thanks

hi thanks what I need to know is if its possible to renew a  residence permit.I was here last year had one but didnt renew when it expired.And what is the cost?Im back now on a turist visa but I think i can only stay for 3 monthhs but I think maybe a little longer if I get permission.Im due to go home end may and if I stay I only want to stay maybe an extra 4 weeks or so.

Thanks Joanne

Yes the laws regarding visitors vissa has changed. You can now only stay a maximum of 90 days in a 180 day period, which means you can no longer just go to Greece to renew it.
However, you can apply to have the visa extended.
Full details can be found at the website of the UK embassy in Ankara:
http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo … ant-update
Regarding residency, although you should be able to use the existing book, I think you may have to go through the application process again if it has already expired.
You can get full advice from the same place as advised by the embassy for visa queries.

Hi they are saying you can extend tourist visa ???