Which areas to live in Accra?

Ok people, so let me know what areas should I avoid living in and why? Also what  areas should  I  live  in and  why?

Come on  give  your input

Hi, i did like to get in contact  with someone living in ghana accra. i am a cameroonian and intern to make a visit to accra. thanks for  opting to fill me in [email protected]

Well it all depends on your personality, family situation (meaning kids not wife/wives)etc.
We have lived in Kotobabi when we are there on holiday for 8 weeks at a time. ThatŽs fine but since my husband is Ghanaian it can get a bit frustrating when you wake up from all the cousinŽs of our kids  and their friends EVERY day and you realise that you are expected to feed them and organise their transport home which means hiring a mini bus :). As a single English man that would not be a problem. ThatŽs why I am asking about your family situation (no marriage proposal :))

We are planning to stay in East Legon when we are moving to Ghana. ItŽs calm and I can choose how many days a week I want to see the in-laws. I also want the closeness to super markets to get more independent even if our son is very suspicious of the area and the high walls. He thinks that there are no kids living there since he canŽt see them.

Areas like East Legon, Airport Residential Area are quite costly though.
Our first months we will spend in Ashaley Botwe. A nice and calm area, not as expensive, with ordinary Ghanaians. Only problem is shortage of water but that can be solved with a water tank. You need one anyway since the water stops flowing at times in any tap.Some nice areas have heavy traffic so no one would like to visit you and you will have to spend hours in traffic jams.

Let me know what kind of area youŽd like and how much you are prepare to spend on your living costs and I can advice you further. There are so many different areas and it all depends on who you are.

Sorry just realised you are a woman :)
English woman I mean not man of course.

North Kaneshie and Awudome Estates are decent and serene yet affordable. East Legon, Kanda and co. I must say they are really expensive. You can always find a good neighbourhood. If you want to be away from the noise, hustle and bustle then the outskirts in and around Adenta are haviing some nice apartments and away from the prying eyes of the public.

what will you be doing in Ghana?

iam a nigerian moving to ghana i want to have ghanaian friend who can accommodate me for some time

doublepower > you are off topic! Please post your ad in the classifieds. Thank you.

west contoment

This post feels like a life time ago...lol!  Finding home in accra was so painful, the estate agents drove me mad,wanting 20 cedis for a so call registration for nothing! After you drove them around in your air conditioning car! I end up in East Legon in the end!

Nims,are u living in East Legon?