Average ESL KSA Attire

I'm sure I will get a wide variety of comments here. I am about to send off my visa package and need to do a little clothing shopping before I come to KSA next month. I have a contract with AETG, so as a male I don't know if I will be teaching kids, uni, or business.

When teaching in other parts of the world, the actual attire was always much less formal than previously indicated by the employer. I.E. told shirt and tie everyday, show up with a suitcase full of button ups, to find no one actually wears a shirt and tie.

I'm just looking for some advice on what the standard ESL teacher seems to wear in KSA. Should I come with 1 suit, and a variety of shirts and ties, or is that overkill and come with my usual set of collared golf shirts?

Thanks for any comments

AETG in Riyadh? 

Smart is the order of business.
1) Shoes, trousers, shirt and tie
2) shoes, trousers, shirt, jumper and tie (tie visible above jumper)
3) Shoes, trousers, shirt and smart type jacket.  (Although even then a tie is advisable)

Yes, for ESL in KSA you dress smarter than elsewhere (at least you should do).

Hi, nice to see your post.  I work for AETG and can tell you first-hand about the required attire.  You will be expected to wear either a tie or a proper jacket everyday- both if you want.  You can also replace your jacket with a formal sweater(the AC is often cranked up in the KSA making a sweater pretty suitable indoors).  You can wear whatever kind of pants you like, but no denim jeans of any style or color.

Now, having said all of that... Most of the teachers here are happy, and it is a generally positive work environment.  In my experience, a lot depends on the individual teacher.  If you have a good attitude towards life and circumstances then you should be happy with your decision to join AETG and happy in Riyadh.  Unhappy, bitter people bring their bitterness wherever they go and often blame their environment.  Saudi Arabia is an interesting place.  Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.