Need advice.

Hi My name is Nicolas. I am a French citizen who has come to Bangalore on a tourist visa as my girl friend is Indian. We are now looking at staying here and working. However when I checked I was not able to change my tourist visa to an employment visa. Furthermore my tourist visa will not be able to be extended. Therefore we both will need to get married in order for me to obtain an X visa or dependent visa to stay here for a longer period. I would like to know if I will be able to find employment and work here in India if I am on a dependent visa and usually for how long is a dependent visa valid for? Any advice and suggestions on these two questions would highly be appreciated.
Thanks.

Apply for X-visa. Unlike Tourist visas, X visas are not subject to the two month gap. It's not possible to work in India on an X visa. However, X visas can be extended in India, and there's no need to leave every six months.

Ranjinikko wrote:

Hi My name is Nicolas. I am a French citizen who has come to Bangalore on a tourist visa as my girl friend is Indian. We are now looking at staying here and working. However when I checked I was not able to change my tourist visa to an employment visa. Furthermore my tourist visa will not be able to be extended. Therefore we both will need to get married in order for me to obtain an X visa or dependent visa to stay here for a longer period. I would like to know if I will be able to find employment and work here in India if I am on a dependent visa and usually for how long is a dependent visa valid for? Any advice and suggestions on these two questions would highly be appreciated.
Thanks.

Here is the thing.  Since you are already in India it will be difficult to leave.  Once you leave you will not be able to re-enter or apply for another tourist visa to India for another 2 months.  There has to be a 60 day gap between your visit, even for a multiple visa.  Its a rule that India has with tourist visas.

Applying for dependent visa or an X-visa is not recommended unless you get married.  Since you are here on a tourist visa,  get a job and ask your company to sponsor your E-Visa.  The other way would be to start doing business transaction in India from France.  Then you shall be eligible for a B-Visa.  Which will grant equal rights or better in India.  Getting the e-visa is a lot better and less tedious. 

These are the documents required for an E-Visa

- Properly filled up online application form with signatures  (www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa)
- 2 recent passport size photographs.
- Original Passport.
- A photocopy of relevant pages of passport with the residence visa page.
- Photocopy of the passport with copy of UAE residence visa (showing that they have been resident in UAE for more than two years.)
- The employing company/ organization should be registered in India and a copy of such registration should be submitted.
Professional or educational certificate.
- The employing company / organization should certify that not more than 1% of their work force is foreigner.
- The applicant must submit the proof of employment or contract or engagement by the company or organization in India.
-(Employment/ Contract letter should be notarized and attested by home department of the concerned state government).
Reference Form for Faxing (Applicants from Afghanistan, China, Pakistan and PAK - Origin foreigners).

I got this from this website.

blsindiavisa-uae.com/visa/page.php?title=Visa%20Requirements%20for%20CGI%20(Dubai)

(I worked for this company as a visa application center)

Hope this helps

Good luck!

Hey Daniela

Thank you for the reply. I just wanted to check with you as you said it took you 7 months. I went to the foreigners register office in Indiranagar and they said they will be able to send my passport to Delhi and it will come back in 2 months. Do you think this is true or should I go through some other agencies. Also on an x visa am I allowed to take up some short term courses.