Seeking Friendship

Hi people! I am chay and is currently in Davao City, Philippines. I am just waiting for my Visa to work in Jeddah and I am searching for friends who can help me get along with the place, culture and could tell me what I can and can't do while on my stay there. I will be happy to read your replies. Thanks!

khimkarren wrote:

Hi chay. Ok nmn d2 sa jeddah. Syempre expected mo n maninibago ka sa una. But im sure you will be ok pag tagal. There are a lot of malls here kya di ka maiinip. Ano nga pla work mo d2?

English Pls ! :)

Hi chay. Its ok to stay here in jeddah but of course like any other country you expect for some adjustments. There are alot of malls here so you wont get bored. By the way whats your job here?

Welcome to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and specifically in Jeddah Jeddah very wholesale and there will be happy

hi Chay, need not worry about the life here in Jeddah... you'd be amazed to see how many Filipinos are here, you might even feel as if you never left the Phil.

if you would put here what company you would be working with, it would be easier to guide you.

Thank you so much for the responses j,echo, talal0  and khimkarren. I would be happy to see lots of filipinos there. Hoping to meet and see you guys. I will be working for a family, I will be a personal tutor and company of the family's daughter. Hopefully Jeddah's children are kin and lovely. But I think she will be, she's doing ballet class so I'm sure she's disciplined. So basically I'm an aupair, I will not stay for too long, just want to gain experience. Saudi,Jeddah is an open country right?

iamchay1989 wrote:

Thank you so much for the responses j,echo, talal0  and khimkarren. I would be happy to see lots of filipinos there. Hoping to meet and see you guys. I will be working for a family, I will be a personal tutor and company of the family's daughter. Hopefully Jeddah's children are kin and lovely. But I think she will be, she's doing ballet class so I'm sure she's disciplined. So basically I'm an aupair, I will not stay for too long, just want to gain experience. Saudi,Jeddah is an open country right?

Dont worry jeddah got lots and lots of flippino and other mix culture , No Jeddah is not open ,

you will get so many good people here and so many nice experience .

I hope you have a nice day .

thanks!!!I really hope so that I can get along. Is there like Filipino community there where we can gather and meet for sometimes?How about the treatment between Filipinoes and Muslims?I have a brother-in-law who is a Muslim.

iamchay1989 wrote:

thanks!!!I really hope so that I can get along. Is there like Filipino community there where we can gather and meet for sometimes?How about the treatment between Filipinoes and Muslims?I have a brother-in-law who is a Muslim.

I believe you will , i mean why not !!
not sure since im not flippino ^_^ .
i believe there is no difference between Muslims and other in terms of good treatment and respect .

That is great!!!Thank you and it helped a lot. At least I will be comfortable now.

Hi Chay! I'm sure you will loved Jeddah. No issue for the race or religion, you will meet different nationalities, people here doing great good job. Get ready for the "abaya" gown, heheh.. if you are working in prominent and strict family you have to wear hijab (head scarf) to cover your hair...Also be ready for the Balad trip, lots of kabayan (countrymen) there.. even Saudis can talk to you tagalog "kumusta?"...

I'm sorry but I'm going to be a pessimist, what exactly did the job offer, is it a prominent family that can afford a tutor AND maids? Or is that part of your job description. What are you hours of working? What days do you get off? Is any of this written down?
As for meeting other Filipinos? well you can't, at least not legally, remember that Jeddah isnt an open city in that sense, so if you get caught with a guy whom you arent married to, then you will have a problem.
As for Filipina's, there are lots of them working as nurses, domestics, medical fields, and flight attendants. Visit the Danube supermarket close to the airline compound and you will find them.

Good luck with your move to Jeddah, but please come with your eyes open.

sean

I understand and I respect all of your opinions. My work is an aupair if you are familiar of it. It is not typically a job but an exchanged cultural program as per agreed by both countries. Basically I will be stay in, be a member or part of the family. The family I will be staying with or will be my host already have nannies, cook and driver, but part of the program, I will be a big sister to their child. It will be like 20-25 hours a week and 2 days off, and that would be weekends. My job is written down in a contract and it's just light house chores, usually only mine and the 5 yr old child I will be taking care with. She has lots of parties and activities at school and the parents are busy working, they belong to the elite class there in Jeddah. Search about Madame Reem Al Habib, a lawyer graduated from Harvard. I am yet taking on to considerations the offer since I am also currently working. if the offer will be finalized and if the price is right, why not go with it.

Lamchay, I understand the "Au Pair" concept, however, i have never heard of an 'Au Pair" visa for Saudi. I did google the name you gave and she does appear unique.
Good luck with the job, Jeddah is an awesome city and there is a lot more going on there than anyone will ever be willing to write about on an open forum.
Just remember that it isnt our country, we are guests, so respect the culture and the laws, and you will have a great time.
sean

Thanks for the reminder, I believe this is the very essence of this conversation and this blog, to gather what needs to be learned. And sure thing, I am an educated person and whatever precautionary things needs to be investigated and done has been dealt then. All I am needing now is pretty info from those who are already in Jeddah and practically the life being there.Ggoing back, the agency and is Poea licensed here in Phil already called me, they've been doing visas for aupair in Saudi for several years and mine is on process. No single peso required from me since everything is sponsored by my host family. I just hope you will pray for my safety and don't be so nega all the time. It's cute but not for most. Thanks!

and don't be so nega all the time. It's cute but not for most.

Excellent advise, Thanks.

somurchu wrote:

and don't be so nega all the time. It's cute but not for most.

Excellent advise, Thanks.

its good to have someone to advice you and make you feel that he have some minutes to spend to help you out .

Thank you i enjoyed your conversations ...

hi chay.I will be honest.This country is very difficult and you being a lady is ten times worse.The police are strict which in a way is a good thing because it keeps the crime rate down ,but they also prevent you from having fun.So be prepared to have a very repetitive life.There are a few ways to get out and have fun but everything is under cover.So unless you get to those peeps your day will consist of going to work, visiting the many malls and going home.
This country has some very positive attributes but is covered so many negative ones.I wish you all of the best.