Moving to Yokohama with 2 children under 3.Whats the best area to live

Hi all, hoping you can help me. My husband has accepted a position in Yokohama and we plan to move in 6 weeks from Australia. I would be very grateful if you have any feed back on the following:
As i have a young family with a boy aged 3 and a girl aged 2 i hope to move into an area where they and i can meet like minded expats do you know which areas where i can start my search?
Secondly i would like to put both my children into preschool could suggest any?
I have never been to Japan so if there is any advice you can give me before we move i would be ever so grateful.
Many thanks
Janine

My name's Thu, and I come from Vietnam, I have no idea to hepl you but I hope that the guys in this useful forum will give you good advice, wish all good things will come with your family in the new place...

Hi Janine!
I would highly recommend you to join Tokyo Mothers Group on Facebook. Personaly am not able to help with Yokohama, but sure you can find many recommendations and opinions from TMG..

Best,

Hi,

I would recommend the Yamate area in Naka ward Yokohama. There are many expat families living in this area.
As for your children, there's an international preschool / kindergarten called Hand In Hand International School, accepting both foreign and local children from one and a half years old.
Check out their website at handinhand-cdc.com

I think you can choose Motomachi or Yamate area. This side of Yokohama is very foreign friendly. There are some good international schools in the area and you have Yokohama Country and Atheletic Club near Yamate where you can make friends.

Cheers,

Hi
are you still needing information about Yokohama?

I'm Australian (Sydney) and lived in Chinatown, Yokohama for 3 years before moving to the UK about 18 months ago

Check out Leyton House! It's a brilliant western style apartment block on the edge of Chinatown - we lived there and loved it. Yokohama international school is in within walking distance so there are lots of families with kids living there and going to YIS.

Will you get relocation assistence thru your husbands work?

There's UNION CHURCH preschool. Our daughter didn't go there as she started at ELC at YIS, but friends little ones went and it's fine. There's another one in Motomachi near Starbucks but I can't think of the name of it

Hang out at Starbucks, Motomachi around 8.40-9am any midweek morning and you'll see LOTS of expat mums from YIS and St Maur schools ..... just walk up and say HI! They are a friendly bunch.

If i can help with anything else let me know

Yokohama, indeed Japan is an amazing place to live - we miss it a lot.

Thank you so much for your reply, i have joined the TMG and look forward to meeting them when we arriving a few weeks.

A big thank you for all your information on Yokohama, we plan to make he big move in 3 weeks, so this information will come in handy when we arrive. Thanks again, your time is very much appreciated.