About to move to Egypt.. need some advice

Hi,, me and my husband will be soon moving to Egypt as Ill be on assignment for my job and wanted to have some information about Cairo. We have 2 yr old girl and also wanted to know about safety in Cairo.. houses, kindergarden etc.. can anyone help. Please thanks

hi Claraco and welcome to EGYPT ,

there is a lot of helpful information if u check the forum and posts in the blog ,

before you and your husband  move to cairo i think you have to get some information about :

the accommodation region
the transportation between the flat or hotel or home and the work or the other places
a kinder garden for your daughter.

my advice for and according to the style life in Cairo now days take into account the traffic jam , so u choose places are near to each other to overcome wasting time in traffic or rush hours

2nd. take the priority for the safety areas , and there is many with many level in cairo you will take into account the combination  between  the shortcut of the  distance and a safe zone ,and the rest or most of regions always have a nearby markets and shops.

3rd. Transportation depend on what you decide , with taxi the cost is known , or you can rent a car , the metro cover a good range of cairo , but there is other regions you will need a car or taxi for sure

thats about the main lines , i know u will need more detail , but i think it will depend on the area of accommodation , and there is a lot of recommended areas but all depend on cost and availability.

check the blog and you will find helpful members and also a lot of posts

best wishes to safe moving and enjoying a life in Egypt

Hi waL-83, Many thanks for all those information. Yes surely I will have many other questions to ask, but I believe you cover the most important ones. 1 question I have is that I would be looking for a house or an apartment near or on Alexandria Desert Road. Can you tell me if this place is safe and is nearby markets and other facilities. Really I dont have any idea as I have never visited Egypt and most certainly would have to look for a house through the internet well before arriving in Egypt. Thanks again

you are welcome clarco , i hope you get the necessary info you should know about your moving to egypt

for your question about a house or an apartment near or on Alexandria Desert Road, the nearest area will be ( october ), there
will be a variety of places and divison but all of them are nearby markets and other facilities for what fit your budget , even there are a residential compounds , with a good costs , and sure its safe  following the general security advice,no much worry.

so the main answer will be ( october) - and look for areas like ( sheikh zayed residential buildings) , its my recommendation.

hope a safe moving to Egypt and enjoying life here