Employment package negotiations TOTALLY LOST

Hi all,
I've just gotten out of the British Army. Never negotiated employment package before.

Got final interview for job working in Abu Dhabi (security systems). Been asked to provide salary expectations. Salary was sold to me as $60,000 PA plus 3 return flights, accommodation allowance, travel allowance, full medical insurance.

I,m happy with the salary but have no idea how much to ask for as for accommodation allowances and travel allowances. Any ball park figures or rules of thumb would be fully appreciated

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Where are you planning on living? A good apartment downtown (near the Cornishe say) will rush you over 100,000 Dhs, further out of town (Khalifa City, Al-Reef) will be much cheaper.

Try the property section at Dubizzle.com

Flights are easy to check, Skyscanner.com, Kyack.com etc

Thanks for the reply. I was looking in downtown area. How much can you expect the company to put up

Wayne

Money as housing allowance, or actual housing costs to be reimbursed?  Depending on the offer either one may work out fine.  Actually the salary is a touch low for you, so try to make up by asking 75% of it as accommodation allowance, not only the rent, but the maintenance, soft and hard furnishing, and so on.  The usual norm can vary from 25 to 50%.