Staying in Hanoi

Hi there

I am looking to relocate for three months to North Vietnam with my family of four young children.
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere good to place ourselves, preferably by a beach and not in too crowded a city.
Obviously we are looking at safety issues too as my littlest is only 6 months.
Cant wait to hear from you!!

Would you like to rent a house in Ha Nội?

No not really, we would mainly want to be in a beach house of some description. I really wanted a recommendation of good areas to stay near/on a beach and somewhere not in a crowded city!

Nha trang city will be suitable to you, nice beach and it isn't crowded.

I think you should stay in Hai Phong. It takes nearly 2 hours from the Capital to this city.There is Cat Ba Island....

Hi Hcaemilly,

First of all, welcome to Vietnam :) It's great that you have a good mood and senses towards our country. However, I think it's quite difficult to give you a recommendation without acknowledgement of your living desire. It's good if you can share your criteria and your priority, for example:

- Staying near the beach is the most important factor
- Safety is the second important one
- Education base for your children...
- Living expense is low/medium/high...
- Opportunity for private business development...
and so on

And it's really awesome if you can share the reason why you want to live in Vietnam (mother country? your relatives live here? low living expense? or something else?) Above all, Vietnam is a safe place to locate and human personality development. Welcome again :)

Dear Emilly,

Because you are from London and you have 4 kids with youngest is only 6 months so you need place for studying of kids?

I am Hanoian, but Hanoi has no beach, we only have Red River. If you looking for a safety place near or on beach and kids can study at International School for 6 months living, you should to choose Hai Phong, Da Nang or Nha Trang. They are developing city and good condition for studying, too with many international schools.

If you only need a safety place with not beach, you can chose Dalat city (because the weather is nicest in Vietnam, always cool - Dalat called Little Paris with climate weather, is in a Liang Biang Highland). Dalat is not to far Nha Trang Beach, weekly, you can take Mai Linh Bus from Dalat to Nha Trang for beaching.

I am an expatriate, now I am living in Pakse, Laos but I used to be a tourguide, so if you need any information, don't hesitate to contact me, free. I will advise you the best.