Procedure on how to apply for Engineer iqama.

Hi All,
I do not think it is true that in order to be a member of the Saudi Council of Engineers, the candidate must have done a 4 year degree and not a 3 year.

This is because in the UK, all the BS, BS Honours or BE courses are 3 years. Only some of the courses are 4 years which are called 4 year sandwich courses where the university sends the students on "training placements", so the actual study period is still 3 years.

Hi everyone,i from malaysia and on work visa and now i am waiting for the iqama.I have done all the attestation from my home town.Did i need to apply for membership in engineer council in SCE before applying for the iqama? Plus where to do my final attestation in saudi arabia? Some telling the my degree should be attest by Saudi Council of Engineer and some telling in Ministry of Interior? Please advice.

Hai,
     I am from India , arrived KSA on 4/06/2014. After all other formalities i got my Iqama yesterday.
Where ever you from your Degree certificate must ATTESTED by Saudi Embassy ie (jawazet., CHAMBER OF COMMERCE). If your visa is an engineer you must register SEC (Saudi Counsel of Engineers). 1. Go to eservices  2. saeng 3. Registration 4. create id 5. follow the instruction and submit the documents. Any help contact [email protected]

Hi,thanks for ur reply...my company is asking me to go to Saudi Council of Engineer to get my degree attested...after that,they ask me to submit without registering in SEC...im so confused...

rajsurya wrote:

Hi,thanks for ur reply...my company is asking me to go to Saudi Council of Engineer to get my degree attested...after that,they ask me to submit without registering in SEC...im so confused...

In order to get the visa your certificate should be attested from the Saudi embassy in your home country or from where you did the studies, in your case you have already done that I presume. Now to get the iqama if your profession is engineer, you need to first register with SCE and then submit the paper work normally to labor office and passport office.

Dear Friends
Iam an Engineer .Currently in Saudi Arabia . How many years experience required for an Engineer to get Iqama ?
Is it a criteria to get Iqama?
On my visa my designation is Engineer .
I have got only two years of exp in my field. Please reply.

sumesnath wrote:

Dear Friends
Iam an Engineer .Currently in Saudi Arabia . How many years experience required for an Engineer to get Iqama ?
Is it a criteria to get Iqama?
On my visa my designation is Engineer .
I have got only two years of exp in my field. Please reply.

Experience has got nothing to do with getting iqama. If your profession is engineer, then you need to first register with Saudi Council of Engineers. For that they will recognize only engineering degrees - to be assigned to engineer profession which has a min duration of 4 yrs of study. Once you register with them successfully then you can process the iqama.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
Also please tell me how much is the expense to do the registration .

sumesnath wrote:

Thanks a lot for the reply.
Also please tell me how much is the expense to do the registration .

Sorry I am not sure if there are any charges for registration , details on that process has been discussed several times in this forum, please use the search option and you will find a lot of answers on the same.

please any one can help,i start the registration in Saudi engineering council,want to change the profession to engineering ,by bringing esteqdam letter to jawazat can i change the iqama,please anyone reply,until my workspace in SEC shows that my request is approved but not final

I came here in saudi on a Project Engineer's Visa. I am a Licensed Agricultural Engineer from the Philippines and my degree is a 5-year Engineering Degree which satisfy the minimum requirement of Saudi Engineering Council. The problem is that SEC said Agricultural Engineering is not a valid degree in their list of engineering professions. Having a Project Engineer visa entering KSA, how can I get an Iqama if SEC is not allowing me to register to the Council? Any thoughts on this? What should I do? Thanks in advance

hello good evening!! My employer has sent me a mechanical engineer visa, but i have a degree in production engineering  from Mumbai University which is almost same as mechanical engineering. Will it pose any problem in getting my visa stamped??

I spoke to my employer and they have assured me no issues will b there but still I would be very grateful if somobody answers my query.

thank you

Hi All,
I do not think it is true that in order to be a member of the Saudi Council of Engineers, the candidate must have done a 4 year degree and not a 3 year.

This is because in the UK, all the BS, BS Honours or BE courses are 3 years. Only some of the courses are 4 years which are called 4 year sandwich courses where the university sends the students on "training placements", so the actual study period is still 3 years.

Saudi view of Western Education is pretty high. They will accept it even if it is just 3 Years. Of course it should be Legit.

sanjay1988 wrote:

hello good evening!! My employer has sent me a mechanical engineer visa, but i have a degree in production engineering  from Mumbai University which is almost same as mechanical engineering. Will it pose any problem in getting my visa stamped??

I spoke to my employer and they have assured me no issues will b there but still I would be very grateful if somobody answers my query.

thank you

Errr... Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering is not the same technically... Production Engineering is more of an equivalent to Industrial Engineering.

dacs1976 wrote:

I came here in saudi on a Project Engineer's Visa. I am a Licensed Agricultural Engineer from the Philippines and my degree is a 5-year Engineering Degree which satisfy the minimum requirement of Saudi Engineering Council. The problem is that SEC said Agricultural Engineering is not a valid degree in their list of engineering professions. Having a Project Engineer visa entering KSA, how can I get an Iqama if SEC is not allowing me to register to the Council? Any thoughts on this? What should I do? Thanks in advance

Then you have to clear things out with your employer. If you will be assigned to a Civil Engineering project or what-so ever, your Agricultural Engineering degree won't do the trick. You should have come here in Agricultural Engineers Visa.

Good day! Does the company need my passport to process my iqama? I arrived in March 28 in Riyadh where our site is located. There, they already process for my iqama. I already have my Bupa card and am already registered to SCE. I was transfered here in Jeddah on  June 1. I have my temporary iqama from Riyadh (w/c i do not know when it'll expire) and my passport w/ me. I went to the HR to ask my iqama status and they told me that our company was on Yellow meaning all renewal/issuance of iqama are on hold/locked and ask me to submit my passport to them. Now, police w/ the black car are checking iqamas in our area Al-Rawdah. QUESTIONS: Do I need to submit my passport to HR even my iqama is on the process? Does the temporary iqama have an expiry? I think keeping my passport w/ me is safer cause if a police will ask I can show him my passport n temporary iqama. A bigger chance not to get detained. Comments?

Hi guys my new employer will give me an engineer iqama, is there any problem that I will encounter if I'm not a board passer in taking engineering registration here at KSA? I am engineering graduate but I haven't take board exam yet. Please help me on this. Thank you very much.

You dont need to be a board passer to register to SCE. You'll only need the school credentials (graduate) DFA attested. The board exam or license is only useful/needed in our country (I am assuming you are from the Phils).

@Ambela

I am new in KSA I have a degree of bachelor of Engineering &Technology I have spent 4Month in KSA

My Sponsor is not  understand about the procedure of my iqama . My visa is funny Electrician and how I registered with sec as a Engineer or technician I am Bachelor of engineering & Technology and with out iqama I can registered with sec kindly tell me

@Ambela

Hi I am in KSA from last 4 months and my sponsor is not understand for the process of my iqama he take all Dacoments including my Medical certificate, insurance, passport,degree but my sponsor fail to get my iqama. Now I get information from your comments on chrome first I registered with SEC . What is the process to register with SEC without iqama. I have a degree of bachelor of Engineering & Technology and my visa is funny Electrician. I registered with SEC as a Engineer or technician.kindly tell me the complete process