Procedure on how to apply for Engineer iqama.

Hi everyone,i came to saudi arabia on engineer visa and now i am waiting for the iqama.I have done all the attestation from my home town.i would like to know whether i have to take membership in engineer council before applying for the iqama and is there any test for it? or membership is required only at the time of renewa?.And what will b the pattern for the test?

From what i know , council membership isnt required for new arrivals. However it may cause an issue when you will plan your vacation trip back home or renew your iqama. So you can do it once you have your iqama. For now you will get the profession based on the attested degrees.

You cannot apply for council membership before getting an iqama as the iqama itself is a requirement to apply for memebership.

Indeed you need to register with SEC first......the jawazat will never accept your papers for a new iqama/Renewal untill you are registerd with SEC. I have done it my self. Good luck.

thanx saqib and ambela.
ambela, if you have done with the registeration before applying for the iqama what all papers u submitted and what is the test they conduct.
I highly appreciate your reply..........thank u

SaQiB wrote:

From what i know , council membership isnt required for new arrivals. However it may cause an issue when you will plan your vacation trip back home or renew your iqama. So you can do it once you have your iqama. For now you will get the profession based on the attested degrees.

You cannot apply for council membership before getting an iqama as the iqama itself is a requirement to apply for memebership.

do you know anything about the exam they conduct for engineers?....thank u

Welcome. currently there is no test for the registration. You need:
1.  All four years DMCs
2.  Attested Degree
3.  Passport
4.  Letter from you Sponsor to SEC

scan them all and submit it online on the SEC website. Detailed procedure can be found on their website. Good luck and i am in hurry so sorry for the abrupt writing :).

Ambela after that what is the procedure. i got registered from SEC .

please ambela do reply. i got registration from SEC. and now what next?
thanks

Congrats. Now your role is finished. Give the letter addressed to Jawazat from the SEC to your company mandoob and he will make for you the Iqama. Good Luck.

Now my mandoob telling me this maktab umaal waiting for letter from SEC.....?

Read my previous post. period.

where you mentioned?

hi shabe,are u newly applying for the iqama or for renewal?

i was under my father iqama....now changing my sponsorship.

Do anyone know how to check online whether the papers are submitted for a new iqama.

Hi,

I am about to come to saudi with iqama, i wanna know is there any law of keeping the passport by employer, till the expiry of iqama.

Dear all,
My query is very different....
I am on so called Free Visa (Azad Visa/labour profession) and have registered as an Engineer at SCE and also got a letter from them to Jawwazat for iqama renewal/change of profession. Later I came to know from my sponsor's mandoob that my sponsor can't employ any engineer or can't get Engineer profession for his business (Current Sponsor: Fruit trading establishment but in green category). Now I don't know what best I can do in such case. Please give me a professional advise.
Before joining SCE I thought I can switch to Engineer profession easily from Labour profession which is true but I didn't think my current sponsor's available professions also plays major role in doing so.....
Really bothered now!!!
Kindly reply at your earliest please....
Thank you very much!!!

abdulmohammed wrote:

Dear all,
My query is very different....
I am on so called Free Visa (Azad Visa/labour profession) and have registered as an Engineer at SCE and also got a letter from them to Jawwazat for iqama renewal/change of profession. Later I came to know from my sponsor's mandoob that my sponsor can't employ any engineer or can't get Engineer profession for his business (Current Sponsor: Fruit trading establishment but in green category). Now I don't know what best I can do in such case. Please give me a professional advise.
Before joining SCE I thought I can switch to Engineer profession easily from Labour profession which is true but I didn't think my current sponsor's available professions also plays major role in doing so.....
Really bothered now!!!
Kindly reply at your earliest please....
Thank you very much!!!

Since your sponsor business is listed as not requiring any engineer category it will be difficult to get this done under your sponsor. Your best chances are in moving to a different sponsor who has the ability / business type that allows an engineer. Of course it comes with the risk of loosing a green sponsor and in uncertainty but its your call to stay like this or to change to an engineer. My personal opinion, if you are working and earning well - why bother with the title.

Dear HR guru,

Thanks for responding my query,

I am still struggling to find a job in my profession (Electronics & Communications Engineering). I have a Masters degree in the same field from the UK and UK, India and a little bit of local Saudi experience. Even I don't have enough finance to survive in kingdom for a long time.....I already knew that if I switch to such a sponsor who can offer me Engineer profession it is then possible to change profession. Is there a way out to cancel this SCE membership???Is it wise to call them and discuss this in detail.

Kindly again put light on this matter..
Thanks!

abdulmohammed wrote:

Dear HR guru,

Thanks for responding my query,

I am still struggling to find a job in my profession (Electronics & Communications Engineering). I have a Masters degree in the same field from the UK and UK, India and a little bit of local Saudi experience. Even I don't have enough finance to survive in kingdom for a long time.....I already knew that if I switch to such a sponsor who can offer me Engineer profession it is then possible to change profession. Is there a way out to cancel this SCE membership???Is it wise to call them and discuss this in detail.

Kindly again put light on this matter..
Thanks!

Its wishful thinking my friend. If you want engineer profession then you need to register with SCE, period. There is no "discussion" on that and good luck with that as well to get hold of some one.

Since you were bothered with the title I gave you the options that are available, now to survive here is important than title. Find a job fast, dont be stickler on the title - these can be fixed later.

What is the step by step procedure for getting Iqama.My Company told me we will get a project engineer visa.Fresh Iqama for me as I will be new in Saudi.Can anybody inform how to get medical done in India and how much time is required for complete procedure including degree attestation

smtarwala wrote:

What is the step by step procedure for getting Iqama.My Company told me we will get a project engineer visa.Fresh Iqama for me as I will be new in Saudi.Can anybody inform how to get medical done in India and how much time is required for complete procedure including degree attestation

Depends on agents who are doing your process. Normal time frame can range between 30 - 45 days.

what is processes required to re-new the Iqama

I am working as mechanical engineer in one company.
my visa is engineer visa please any body advice me
how can re-new and which document is required for it.
please tell me.

zamirkhan wrote:

what is processes required to re-new the Iqama

I am working as mechanical engineer in one company.
my visa is engineer visa please any body advice me
how can re-new and which document is required for it.
please tell me.

Original iqama and passport
filled application form / online application
Photos
Pay fees through bank under your iqama name

Should be done by your sponsor, why are you checking ?

what is the process to renew my iqama ,Iam now here in Shaygah project that is thousand kilo.away from the city,is it possible to fill up application thru email... thanks..

jose francia pagdanganan wrote:

what is the process to renew my iqama ,Iam now here in Shaygah project that is thousand kilo.away from the city,is it possible to fill up application thru email... thanks..

Check with your company HR department and they should renew this for you and do the paper work and not you.

Dear every one ,

Is The SEC registration mandatory for new arrivals as i see we cant upload the documents with out registering in to National Information Center and to register in NIC we need to have Iqama , so any person who has made new Iqama  with SEC first please reply to this by advising the procedure.

what is the process to applying my iqama ,Iam now here in  riyadh saudi, my visa is engineer, but im not a registered engineer in my coutry  what should i do, please anyone know about this kind of situation please do reply. because im keep asking to my hr, in office he keep talking in arabic i dont understand, thanks.

what is the requirements for applying iqama for engineer here in saudi please somebody reply my msage, thanks

IQAMA wrote:

what is the requirements for applying iqama for engineer here in saudi please somebody reply my msage, thanks

Hi,

refer this link http://eservices.saudieng.sa/en/Pages/findoutmore.aspx

you degree must be attested by Saudi embassy/culture in your country

plz tell me that for saudi iqama, is it necessary to get saudi engineering council membership?registration? for newcomers

i am having engineer visa now.

To renew my iqama, is it enough to registrar in SCE or i have give any test or exam??

muhammad Imran Ashraf wrote:

plz tell me that for saudi iqama, is it necessary to get saudi engineering council membership?registration? for newcomers

Yes. Only if your visa profession is of Engineering discipline.

Hi, can anybody help me, i have problem renewing my iqama, i am an arch'l engr. I registered in eng'g council here in k.s.a, but when i try to submit my certificate(scan), i stuck in diploma portion, coz i have 1 subject left unfinish in college, so i can't continue, and my employer told me to jumb in lower cathegory which is draftsman and also adjust my salary into draftsman cathegory, so its a problem 4 me, any opinion my friends?

my visa is erchitectural engineer

Actually i want to know that.. I am working as an E&I Engineer(Commissioning) and my Aqama profession is Electrical Engineer.. So I had done each and every procedure for Engineering Viza, like Chamber of Commerce, Saudi Embassy Stamp, HRD Stamp, and MEA Stamp on my Provisional degree Certificate. So now my Aqama renewal time is came after 1 year.. and also I received my original degree certificate from INDIA(VTU BELGAUM) but the problem is that, we don't have any stamp on my original Certificate... So can SEC accept the original degree(without any stamp) if i show or submit with provisional that already Stamped and everything.

hai,

i am john from india. i would like to know, whether engineers have test before getting work permit in saudi.

regards,
john

Hi,
I am Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) and have 3 1/2 years of experince as software engineer.
I have done with saudi attestation for my BCA certificate. Right now i am working as software enhineer.
Is it possible for me to change my iqama postion to engineer.

hubaibwdr wrote:

Hi,
I am Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) and have 3 1/2 years of experince as software engineer.
I have done with saudi attestation for my BCA certificate. Right now i am working as software enhineer.
Is it possible for me to change my iqama postion to engineer.

In order to get engineer profession, you should register with Saudi Council of Engineers and they wont accept as "Engineer" any certificate / education not done for a min of 4 years + as "Engineering".

Dear all,
             To apply the Iqama we will register with SEC  or not. TO REGISTER SEC they also asked our Iqama. How is it possible? kindly give to me solution.