Bringing In CCTVs from Outside KSA

:rolleyes: Would want to know if it's ok to bring in a cctv camera set via airport (From Dubai) -- will there be any hassles? Tax to pay? anybody have done that before? ;) (either handcarried or baggage)

CCTVs shall be siezed by customs unless you have a company letter or a saudi person who can release them. I had a similiar experience and had to use a highly connected saudi friend to get them released. However i may add i was bringing in lots of them and a big recorder too.

However if you are just bringing one or two cctv cams i dont think its an issue. Bring something which you are willing to risk being seized . Its a 50/50 chance.

:( informative but not too encouraging...hehe...tnx anyways...

i was just planning to have one complete set of 4ch DVR (with 4 bullet type cameras+wires+HDD)...which is about a box as big as that of a---Microsoft XBOX?

Hii,

Have you brought? the CCTV's? Any problems. I have a plan to take (from KSA to INDIA) a small system (4CAMS+DVR+CABLES+HDD) for my farm house. Any issues with customs.

Thnks in advance

Regards/MKP

Maahi wrote:

Hii,

Have you brought? the CCTV's? Any problems. I have a plan to take (from KSA to INDIA) a small system (4CAMS+DVR+CABLES+HDD) for my farm house. Any issues with customs.

Thnks in advance

Regards/MKP

Outgoing stuff wont have issues here. You have to check at destination.

Hii,

Thnks; i hope there will not be any issues.

Regards/Maahi

Maahi wrote:

Hii,

Regards/Maahi

Well, i got them in...no problem....going out, i guess, is also no problem...hope India doesn't charge taxes for such stuffs, though!  ;)

Popolocroix wrote:
Maahi wrote:

Hii,

Regards/Maahi

Well, i got them in...no problem....going out, i guess, is also no problem...hope India doesn't charge taxes for such stuffs, though!  ;)

Hopefully!