May you all be well, happy and at peace.
I am new to the Expat.com. My wife and I are beginning to have conversations about retirement and possible places to retire to.
We saw an HGTV segment on Ecuador. This sparked my interest in learning more. We are planning a trip/vacation to Ecuador this summer to begin our exploration. We live near the mountains and enjoy them. We also enjoy the ocean. Ecuador has a wonderful variety of climate zones that seem to be moderate. Any suggestions re itinerary would be greatly appreciated.
Paz, Jose

Hello Jose,
As you navigate this site, you'll see much information is available. It should help you decide where you might like to narrow down your search criteria. As you know, Ecuador has three pretty distinct climates, and it will depend which you and your wife are most drawn to.
Welcome to the forum. As questions arise, feel free to ask additional questions. There are some folks here that have probably experienced everything you may want to know.
Best Wishes in your quest!
Stay Well,
Neil

Neil, thanks for the info. Jose

Having to make several trips to Ecuador in order to live and stay in Ecuador is ridiculous. The three-month business is loco. Not being able to afford transportation twie, I am now in Mexico.
Barb

Barb,
I realize you had some difficulty in making a move to Ecuador, but the implication that you have to make multiple trips is incorrect, and does a disservice to others that are interested in exploring Ecuador as an option.
I will get my Visa on my second trip to Ecuador, but could have just as easily accomplished it with one trip. There is no rule as to how many times you have to visit to get a Visa. The only thing that could nessesitate numerous trips is that you didn't come prepared with the proper documents.
Anyway, sounds as if you have landed in Mexico, and that it suites your purposes. I'm happy for you, and hope you find the lifestyle you were looking for there.
Best Wishes