New Arrival

Just join this blog, eager to make friends and want know more on the Suzhou Expat community.

Hi Jimmy Chan,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to ask specific questions here.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi me and my friend just moved here to teach English. I don't mean to spam or anything, but you might find the site Suzhoupengyou interesting too, Jimmy. It's an expat website just for Suzhou and has details of a number of events and things going on in the area, me and my friend found out about a gig on Friday in a cool looking bar in SIP so there's a lot on there.

Hello Ianesta and welcome to Expat.com!

Maybe you could give more information about Suzhou here?

ps: note that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you.

Hi Jimmy. Are you new to Suzhou or a local? i am living here in Suzhou as an English Teacher for the past 7 months. i am very happy living here, and am happy to be working and living here.

The expat life here in Suzhou can be very pleasant, though you need to be careful where you go and how you spend your money. Eating and drinking in expat bars and restaurants can often be expensive. A lot of it is down to knowing where to go to eat and drink.

I can only really speak for SIP, but there are some great bars, restaurants and eateries around here.

If you require further details just ask!

Hello

I just arrived in Shanghai a week ago and now am looking for accomodation. Im torned between staying in Taicang, where commuting time to office is max 20min, OR Shanghai, where generally it seems thats where the party is! Some of my top choices residence in Shanghai would be at Minhang area.

It would be great if you could share some of your living experience in Suzhou.