Activities for teen girls in SD

Ok, so we have a couple of sobrinas who are really great girls who spend their time studying and helping out at home. They're not allowed to go into the city by themselves, and since everybody works they rarely get the chance to do anything fun in the city. I was wondering if anyone knew of any activity/place that would be nice to take these girls? I know they both love to bake and read (even though I'm sure they would appreciate a break from reading and baking/cooking as well). If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'm trying to gather all the info I can before we live in a few months  and while our baby is napping :)

Hi Jennifer!

Ok, where exactly do your nieces live? After school activities depend on where you live and how much are you willing to pay. If they live in SD I can recommend a few options depending on what they like... music? dance? photography? painting?

Hope you are well :)

They live in SD Gabriela :) I'd like to know about some activity I could do with them or at least accompany them too, like Agua Splash (although I know about it), cafès, parks etc. I got some tips on DR1, like Jardin Botanico. 

They love to read, bake, going to the beach...

The beach is always a good option in Juan Dolio, and Bocachica you have a few restaurants that are really good to spend the day or you can take you own food and enjoy the public part of the beach. I prefer Juan Dolio.

Depending on their ages, Museo Trampolín in la Zona Colonial is fun for kids, ive been a few times with my students and enjoyed it a lot! The Colonial Zone is great for walking you have Segafredo if you want some coffee and in la Atarazana on weekends they have performances that are free and really good.

There is a new them park called Peképolis, that is good as well.

El Parque Mirador is great for a picnic, riding bikes, playing ball or just for walking.

How old are they?