Bird Feeders in Riyadh?

Is it possible to buy a bird feeder here or must I make one out of an old milk carton? lol

There are some interesting little finches around and I'm wondering what else could be attracted with a few seeds :)

Wonderful idea Allie. I am sure you can get them from any pet store. I usually bring rice to the office and feed them on my window sill. Its an awesome sight to see thgem waiting for me, like a prayer, each morning.

There are some good bird feeders at habitat which is located on Sitteen Street :)

Thanks for the quick responses, mm and Saqib.  Is Sitteen Street downtown?

Sitteen Street is in Malaz, the exnsion of King AbdulAzeez Street towards Jarir Street

Allie, is on that same street.. the one with S.House.

yeah i been there too,near by my house....they got loadzz of Pythons too and they were feeding them rabbits and rats:o:o:o

Errrrr off topic i guess:P:P:P

Ahhmmm so yes they have given ya right info:D

So they have birdhouses in addition to pythons??

They also have bird feeders in a pet shop called life and nature opposite tamimi fal

Lol pythons :p rats lol! hahahaha nonz :D

Allie Sitten Street IS downtown Malaz Actually, There you can find Tamimi, Mcdonald, Dr Cafe, Jarir Bookstore, Nissan Autoshowroom, Naafura restaurant, whoa, there a loads of places on Sitteen Street.
Habitat is in front of Sitteen Palace Hotel i think, nearby Othaim.

hehehehe Ye Alliecat they do.

but dont avoid Pythons:P they r bigggg, creepy and  Lazy and they eat rabbits and Rats and here i go again.........

and yeah birdhouses too

and they got iguanas too:rolleyes:

Do ya wanna know more ? :P:P:P:P

Carry on Please Nonz :D

Oh I can???? yuppeee nachooo....oopzzz I mean yuppee Dance \\//\\//\\//\\//\\[I hope ya liked my dance steps]:P:P:P

you know i also found a big parrot and rather than the actual sound he was meowwinngggg :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and there were many dogs as soon they saw me all of them started barking at me:(

and since i dun want to go off topic:P:P:P:P

yes Alliecat,there is pet shop at malaz where ya can easily find all pets related stuff:P:P:P

you see guys....i never go off topic:D:D:D

wait wait -- is this the petshop with the whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling in the front window?

Errrrr ...........Now Ya r asking tough questions:/

its next to pizza hut..thats i know for share:P:P:P

Whale Skeleton :o Woah! Thats something i would really like to see :D

Nachoo :D

\\
//
\\
//
\\
//
\\
//
i have done my part Saqib:P:P:P
Alliecat Nachoo = Dance[Urdu]

and enjoy Nusrat Fateh Alio Khan singing with Peter gabriel while you are dancing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdSXvipXxk8

wow musicman what a fusion....me liked it:):):)

I saw Peter Gabriel in concert a few years back at the Tweeter Center across from Philadelphia.  He was GREAT~!

But forget about this thread hijack! :mad:  Back to birdfeeders!

(And yes, SQ.. there IS a large whale skeleton in a local petshop but I can't tell you the street because I don't know it what it's call :(  )

I think you can find them at Saco, as well.

Remember...you invite birds to feed around your house, you cannot complain when they "deposit" around your house, too.

What goes in must come out.

Were it me...I'd be buying that python for the birds...

Were it me...I'd be buying that python for the birds...

as soon u do it plz dont forget to invite me.i looovvvv gazing python :P:P:P

Misterstretch, sure I've considered that fact :)  That's why I want the feeder--to hang outside my balcony rather than to put crumbs actually inside the balcony.

Also, a small-enough feeder would deter the doves, of which there seem to be a million (and of course, the larger the bird, the larger the 'deposit' lol).

Alliecat wrote:

I saw Peter Gabriel in concert a few years back at the Tweeter Center across from Philadelphia.  He was GREAT~!

But forget about this thread hijack! :mad:  Back to birdfeeders!

(And yes, SQ.. there IS a large whale skeleton in a local petshop but I can't tell you the street because I don't know it what it's call :(  )

Puddytat, you must be referring to HUMPBACK AVENUE?

Alliecat I saw this video on you tube  it was very helpful ...

Press to watch :)
How to make a bird feeder

Alliecat wrote:

Misterstretch, sure I've considered that fact :)  That's why I want the feeder--to hang outside my balcony rather than to put crumbs actually inside the balcony.

Also, a small-enough feeder would deter the doves, of which there seem to be a million (and of course, the larger the bird, the larger the 'deposit' lol).

Bird feeders are available from pet shops in the city or on hair road where there are lot of shops for that purpose.

Alliecat wrote:

wait wait -- is this the petshop with the whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling in the front window?

I know two pet shops. There is one on Al Ahsa street opposite to McDonalds and Alhamrani Nissan showroom. And there is another one on King Abdul Aziz right after Dabab Street exit. It is adjacent to Alissa Nissan showroom.