Thinking About Moving to Montenegro

Hiya,

I've been thinking about moving to Montenegro. I'm a writer, so I can work from anywhere and the 9% income tax is attractive.

Could I just set up a company in Montenegro, live there for a year, and only pay 9% on the income I earned? Is it that simple?

We have a dog, so I'd like to drive from the UK. Are there any restrictions about bringing in my UK registered car?

Thanks.

Hi,

you will need to register company, and that will provide you papers for legal stay in Montenegro. You will need to rent office for company, price varies, depends what you find, you can even find some office rented to somebody else, just to cover you, since you really do not need one. Monthly expenses, besides office, will be deductions for you as director around 120e and accountant 70e. For opening company and your papers for legal stay you will need aprox. 500-600e to pay to lawyer or agency who will do it for you, plus 100e taxes. Later on you will need every year to extend it which will cost 100-150e  or 50e if you want to do it by yourself.
There is no any kind of restriction for your car hare.

cheers, and welcome

Hi,

I moved here six months ago, and opened a company.  Its a complicated procedure but doable.  When you first come in here they give you visa for 3 months, which is ample time to get a company sorted out and a residence visa.

I bought a house on the mountain 400 meters above Budva, and am in the process of getting it fixed up.  It might be a good location for you as a writer, the view is fantastic and quiet for you to work.  I have dogs also, but would be keeping them in the back garden, your dog could have the front garden area, and beside the house is part of the old Austro Hungarian trail that is not well know, I love taking my dogs up on the trails on the mountain above and below the house.

If you send me your email address I can send you pictures of the location.

Janet

taxrates.cc/html/montenegro-tax-rates.htmla,

Firstly I like the choice of name :) You can see all you need to know about Montenegrin tax rates at this website taxrates.cc/html/montenegro-tax-rates.html This should answer all your tax questions.

Best Wishes

Dan Atkinson

Do not come to Montenegro. I am Montenegrin. You will be disappointed with people.

Hi Leftfield1 > i don't think your comment help others. Could you please give some useful information on the forum.

Thank you.

Hi Leftfield

I think you will find there is good and bad people, like anywhere else in the world. You just make an effort to surround yourself with good people! That works for me !

Dan

Hi Dan :)

Anywhere in the world Dan, anywhere.

@Christine
My bad. We are wonderful people and you can not find unskilled people who suffer from Dunning–Kruger effect.

You need to rent an office? Really? In Italy you can have the office in your house and in Montenegro it is no possible?

According to law you need to have office in real estate which is registered in cadastre as office space, but in practice you can go with out it.... rules are not strict in Montenegro, still, but you never know when they will change practice.....

thank you!