Real Estate Investment in Malaysia

Hi Everyone

Just curios to know which area in Malaysia to buy real estate where rental demand is high. What is the rate of return.

Thank you

Definitely the area nearby college,it is my opinion.

Any colleges name???????

should i list down tens of famous colleges in Malaysia?Mr.Google is the most appropriate helper,i suppose.

You could try Damansara and Bukit Jalil area in Kuala Lumpur which is the capital. The annual rate of return is between 4 to 6% and capital appreciation is 5 to 15% annually.

Thank you I will google and find out

Thanks James for the usefull information

Malaysian property market is extremly overheated and due for a slump. Prices driven by liquidity not demand and normal workers priced out. Most expats think that and quite a few locals.

And as a foreigner you can't but anything under 500k where the best yields are. 500k condos not great for student lets.

Jb has the Singaporean overspill demand effect so might me worth looking there.

you are most welcome.

Thanks for the information

+1 on Nemodots analysis.

The market is already flooded with empty units and more condos are being built all the time. I don't dare to give a % but i think it's safe to say that more than 50% of the units being bought in a new 500K+ condo complex is purely on speculation by 2nd (or more) house buyers... And have a look at it 1 year after completion, usually there will be many units still waiting to get their first tenant.

BTW Nemodot, regarding JB there are discussions that the minimum price will be increased to 1M for foreigners (JB only).