Advice about the city

Hello,
Currently living in Paris, I'm willing to relocate in the Emirates soon. In fact, I'm negotiating a job position in Abu Dhabi. If I reach an agreement, the company asked me to be there very soon.
For that matter I would like to ask about the city. Where is the best place area to live?
I'm a single woman. I would prefer safe, central and classy (but not snobbish) place.
Many thanks for the feedback
N

Hello Croisette,

My husband and I just moved here from the states a few months ago and I am not much of a city person, so I chose an area about 15-20 minutes outside of the main city. It's called Officer's City (Seashore Villas to be exact), but there are several nice apartment complexes right inside the city as well. I would say avoid Mussafah area or ICAD residential (same area), not that it is a bad area it's just not as developed. I'm not sure what your price range is but Saadiyat Island, and Al Reem are quite nice and more centrally located. Any where you chose to live here is very safe. There is little to no crime and women are very well respected. There are heafty laws to ensure that as well, even though I really don't think they need them! People are very friendly.

Also, what I did before we came was "google" real estate for rent in Abu Dhabi. These sites will give you a map and pictures.

Good luck and message me if you do come, maybe we can arrange for a safe meeting. I am always up for new friends *)

hi Croisette
i'm living here for many years.
its really nice city but if you are thinking about the house it depends on the budget allowance offered by the company and the location of your work. there are a lot of reasonable choices.
anyway just tell me if you get more details and i can help you.
take care.