Is this offer good?

Hello everybody,
Greetings to all, I am a pediatrician (MSc in pediatrics 2009) graduated 2003
I have been offered a registrar position in a new hospital, 1200 KWD without accommodation or a car is that good?
Thank you all in advance for your help :-)

This would depend entirely on your lifestyle.  If I were accepting this offer here I would want to share a room near the hospital so I could walk to work.  Sharing a room in Kuwait ranges between 30-150kd/month provided you can find shared room available.  I'm am not certain of car costs here.  Gas is cheap though but taxis are expensive.  Avoid taxis at all costs.  If you want a nice place to live alone you're looking at 300kd and up.  450kd/month+ gets you a pool and a gym in your apartment.  Which hospital?  I would ask your employer to assist in locating an accommodation for you.  Then if local accommodation can't be found ask for transportation to and from work via bus or van each day.  The hospitals provide this service for the Phillipino nurses, etc.  The Phillipinos have it figured out on the house sharing deal. They put 6 people in a room and pay 30-50kd/month each for housing.  Good luck.

hi
i think is just good offer in for kuwait you need for good house around 300 kd for a car you can use rent or leasing from bank so with 150 kd you are ok for food and life style 400 kd , so i think its ok to start  . good luck
fayez

Thank you so much jj, that was helpful. You are right, I'm a bit high maintenance.
I don't know the area yet of the hospital but it's near the ministry of public health, I was really gonna turn down this offer but you will make me reconsider :-)
Fayez thank you too so much.

Dr_h
To be honest as a pediatrician in my humble opinion, that offer is low. You need to negotiate a bit more.
Good luck

Thanx Wisker, that's what I thought :-) but from what I've heard the offers and wages for doctors in kuwait are determined only by the ministry of health and it's quite standardized and not negotiable (according to your certificates and years of experience and so) and you are right the offer turned out to be A Bit more 1450 kwd actually so is that better ??

That's better. Even so, I still think it's a bit low.

I am a Professor at the Business faculty at a private university and I know some of the Teaching Assisstants (Master Degree Qual) get between 1300 - 1600KD a month. So as a pediatrician, you should get more. However if you're single with that sort of money you could live and save comfortably.

Good luck with your move.

Regards