A pleasure to meet you

Hello,

My name is Will and  Iam currently teaching ESL in China. I am with my partner and we are looking for a new job, and also might look to find more about the region and those around us on this forum once we get one. We don't have degrees, but are obtaining our TEFl. It isn't an easy road, but if anyone knows of anything, let us know.

Thank you,

Will

Welcome to Expat.com Will!

Have you tried to post an advert in the section Jobs in China? It may help.

Harmonie :)

what type of job are looking?

First and formost, apologies for the belated replies, I have been busy.

Thank you Harmonie for your direction, I have not yet made a profile for a job, but will do so in the near future, and have since posting, decided to look elsewhere in China, but have looked at the other sections (Jobs in ... )

Surmuh, my partner and I are looking for an ESL/EFL position, teaching English as a second language. Due to our difficulties of obtaining our foriegn expert certificate from our previous school, we are looking outside of China now for a job. If you might have some suggestions or positions, by all means contact me.

And now for a more proper self introduction ...

Hello,

My name is Will, I am a 24 year old American who is currently in China. I wanted to travel around the world but also obtain a salary and decided to teach English while abroad. While I do not get much spare time to travel to many of the tourist spots, I do get to enjoy being immersed in a foreign culture.

I met my girlfriend, Jani, while teaching and we both wish to travel and teach, and hope to continue to do so. So far I have been to New Zealand, Australia, and China, while she has been to France, Monte Cristo, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and much more.

We both like travelling and are glad we have chosen this job. The most rewarding part of our travels are actually our work with children. It is amazing how happy a child can make you feel, as well as a sense of pride and accomplishment as you see not only their English improve, but their confidence and curiousity.

When I was younger, many of my teachers commented on my insistent asking of "Why?" or "How?" and I continue to do so still today. I believe that curiousity encourages andstimulate learning and when asked something I don't know, such as by my students, I tell them  that I don't know but I will find out for them.

Teaching English has become a fulfilling job, and glad I chose to do so. I won't be wealthy, but I will most certainly be happy. My partner and I hope to eventually reach Spain, and settle down there, in the meantime we are saving up and searching for the requirements. We will hopefully be true expats one day.

Thank you for your time,

- Will and Jani