Need feedback about incorporation attorney/ service in Costa Rica

I need to set up a company in Costa Rica. Dear experienced members, would you please share with me your actual experiences.

That means who did you actually use, what was your experience like, good/ bad/ indifferent, etc.

I am coming for a trip next week and will gladly buy you a drink in exchange for some info.

Welcome to Expat.com jdaniels!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie.

First off, why do you need to buy a corporation? Are you starting a business? Because what I have learned is that people (expats) buy corporations because they believe (told by unscrupulous attorneys) that they NEED to buy a corporation to “protect” their assets.
Unless you have a business and can legitimately use a corporation, buying one does nothing other than fleece the pockets of the lawyer you bought it from. I have been told by my attorney (whom I love!) that people who fraudulently use corporations to hide their assets can have the corporate veil “pierced” by any other good lawyer who really wants to go after you, if you do not use a corporation correctly. Also when you buy property under a corporation you are only buying shares, not the property itself. I actually know of many expats who have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on corporate shares, only to find out they don't have title!! Eeek! As my lawyer said, “If you want to buy a car, buy a car. If you want to buy property, buy property…not a corporation.” AND if you have a corporation, you have to pay taxes on it, which have gone up!! And guess who will want to manage your corporation (for a fee)…your attorney who sold it to you! You don't have to buy me a drink, but I would suggest talking to my attorney. You can buy him dinner. He's skinny and needs it. www.outlierlegal.com

To create a corporation may be necessary when you buy a property for example , if you do have (yet) a residence , in order to be able to subscribe an electricity contract with ICE ( ot telephone/internet )  if you do nove (yet) a residence card .
You will be able to subscribe under the corporation name.

Note : Costa allows a non resident to buy a property but does not allow to subscribe services for the same property !!!!!

That is true, but only if you do not have status in Costa Rica. Once you have your immigration status, you can get all your services without a corporation. I know a lot of people who are only here for a few months and then go back and still have status and do not need a corporation. You only need to be in Costa Rica for one day a year to keep your status.

Actually I'm starting an online business so that's why I need to set up a legal entity to do it. The business will be mostly offshore. Which is why I'm looking for a reputable attorney who has provided great advice to someone and who would not be a scammer.

Do not hesitate to contact the website I provided. What I like most about him is that if he cannot do what you need, he will tell you so and find someone who can. MANY attorneys here will take on anything, regardless if they have experience, just for the money.

you've used him yourself?

For real estate and my immigration paperwork. He also represents my friend's business, and did contracts, business/real estate deals for others I had recommended him to. So far we are still all friends! What I like, is that there are no hidden fees with him and he is very clear about all aspects of what he will do for you, without talking in circles. He's worth contacting for a consultation and he really gets back to you fast...especially for Costa Rica!