HELP!!! I have a question about my passport.

Hi, folks.  I visited Ecuador last June and my passport is stamped June 12, 2012.  I want to move there permanently in a few months time.  What will happen when I go through customs in May and they see that June 12, 2012 stamp?  Will that cause problems?  A friend of mine suggested not moving there until an entire year has passed.  thanks in advance for the advice.

For how long did you stay in Ecuador? And what Visa did you get to get in Ecuador?

Also once you come back and start you Permanent Visa process you can stay as long as it takes until you get it.

Vinny

Hi Vinny, I only stayed a week in Ecuador.  That was enough time for me to decide that I wanted to live there permanently.

Then, there's no problem, you can stay in Ecuador for at least 3 months in a year, counting since the first day you enter Ecuador.

It only took you one week to decide about moving here. That's quick.

Enjoy your new home.

Vinny

Thanks, Vinny, but I'm still a little confused.  Let me get this straight.  I used up a week, so that means I have two months and three weeks left, but what happens if I go to Ecuador in May and that length of time spills out into and past June?  Will I get short-changed?  Will I be deported?  I have every intentions to get all the immigration stuff sorted out while I'm not looking for an apartment.  Thank again?

I have the same concern. This June we come to Ecuador for a two month exploration trip. Next winter we are going to move and apply for residency. Does it mean we have only one month left (out of the three per year) to process our residency visa?

It can sound confusing. I think what Vinny is trying to convey is this. You do in fact have the 2 months and 3 weeks remaining. When you arrive, and start the Visa process.... time stands still. You are in the system, and once your are, the clock stops ticking.
I had the same concerns. I also went last June, and stayed 2 weeks. I'm returning this June again, and like you, I made up my mind. Actually, I've already purchased a property. My attorney assured me that as soon as I register, I'm safe.
Good Luck in your journey, I look forward to hooking up sometime.
I love your selection of hats. I saw on one of the blogs you had one that reminded me of Buster Keaton.... pretty sure that was the look you were goin' for. < you had the facial expression also>
Good Travels
Neil

Yes, ZenSpike.  I was going for the Buster Keaton look.  I've been a fan for years.  And thanks for the addition info.  Unlike you, I'll probably be doing the $25,000 investment as opposed to buying property.  Thanks again.

Eddie,
Actually, I didn't want my Visa tied to the property. ie: if I sell the property, without acquiring another, I'd be out of luck. Luckily, I'm very old, so I was able to do it on a Pensioners Visa. You just show proof of an income in excess of 800.00 per month and you're good to go. ( that's for a single person,900.00 per couple ) So, I got the statement from the Social Security Administration here at home, had it Apostilled, and I'm good to go. < knock on wood >
Stay Well,
Neil

Hi,  We just had the exact same situation, and we came through just fine.  As long as your last stay was 90 days (exactly) or less, then they will just give you a new T3 stamp which is valid for another 90 days.  If you are planning on getting your retirement visa, you should send me a private message and I will recommend someone who is much less expensive than the attorneys down here, and who knows what they are doing!  We turned in all of our documentation on a Saturday that the immigration office was open special, and we received our notification the following Friday that we were approved for our resident visa.  A total of 5 working days.  We were shocked but very happy.

Theresa

Theresa Hi!

Are you in Cuenca? I was planning on using Neil's Attorney for my
9-I visa. She charges $1,300.00, so if you have an alternative I
would appreciate your connection.

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,   The people we are working with are up in Quito.   I will check to see what they charge for an individual.  Our pricing was different as we are a family of 3.    I do know that they have handled many cases that were started in Cuenca, but which were not going anywhere, and then they had to take it over, and get the process back on track.    They are very efficient and get the job done right.

This message is for wanderingbears. We will be arriving to Quito May 6,2013. You mentioned that you know of someone in Quito that can help with residency visa can you please send me a private message so that I can discuss more about pricing and their experience. Thank You CWeible

Hi again Carl, just a follow up on the previous information,  I checked on the prices for the assistance with the visa and it is $1000 for 1 person, and $1500 per couple.   I also asked about how many cases they had processed that have been approved, and they have done about 150-200 approved cases in just the past couple of years with about 85 in the last 2 months.    Usually the time frame is from 1-3 months but varies, some a little longer, and some much shorter.   As I said before ours only took 5 days, and we were shocked!    Another guy I spoke with while at their place was approved in 9 days.      If you want me to have them give you a call or email,   send me a private message with your email, and I will pass it on to them.

Cheers,
Theresa