Homeschooling in Sri Lanka

I was wondering if home schooling was allowed in Sri Lanka?

Thank you

I need to learn about it too... Is there any one knows about it???

hi- sorry i am late to the party. to my knowledge, home schooling is allowed. i had an ex colleague that home schooled his two children. as to the curriculum, accreditation, teachers, etc. i do not know much. but can find out.

Hi I am Delani, yes i was home schooled yes it can be done in Sri Lanka looking at having my 2 kids home school as well.
Thaere are a few things you need to be aware of if u want to do this so let me know

I m coming to Sri Lanka end of this month! Could you give me more details about homeschooling and curriculums which accept by Sri Lanka! And do i need register to my kids any where or do they need to take a test or what?!?
Thank you so much for your help

Hi Delani, I would like to homeschool my boy who is 7 years old. Do you know if there are groups of parents that homeschool here in Colombo? It would be such a great help not only to share experience but also to facilitate the socializing of the children. I would also like to know what are the things I should be aware of, you mentioned in your post. thank you very much

Hi Silvia. Welcome to Sri Lanka! My name is Renuka and I teach English as well. But I would love to talk to you about/ show you around/ Sri Lanka. I left employment in an international organisation in Sri Lanka, to set up my own communications business I have shown several expat friends around my country, and have also been to several cities in Italy, including Venice. Am a top contributor on Tripadvisor - just to give you some authenticity as to my credentials. My mail is xxx. Do mail if you need any more information

Enjoy your stay!

best wishes

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes it is Caroline... just not so easy to find good teachers

Dear Delanie,

I wonder if you could give me more details about Home Schooling in Sri Lanka.
I have 2 kids who are in Year 5 and 4 and would like to continue giving them home-schooling, and how could they register to do their O/L and A/L one day??

If you could send me a reply to my personal email xxxx would greatly appreciate!!

With my best regards!!

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Home schooling is not allowed in Sri Lanka as a prospect generally.

Hi Pubudu,

Much appreciated your reply!!

Yes I was thinking the same according to our educational system I have never heard such thing..

Kind regards!!

Hi Priya,

Yes, there is a lot to develop in terms of education and the system. it's a good tendency of getting some language education those who are native in those languages as well.

if you are in SL, please inbox me your contact details have a good time for you all.

Questions and answers about school and studies

Ask your question
International Schools-Colombo (Wattala0
By murt686
IC Peter
some details about home schooling
By IC Peter
Looking for international school...
By ncls8888
An International School in Kandy
By everypublic
Child Education
By rbansal
Study medicine in eastern europe
By agfortholidays

Expatriate health insurance in Sri Lanka

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Sri Lanka

Moving to Sri Lanka

Find tips from professionals about moving to Sri Lanka

Travel insurance in Sri Lanka

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Sri Lanka

Flights to Sri Lanka

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Sri Lanka