Transfer to JKT for 6 months

Hi Everyone,

I am seeking for your advice that I would be transfer to JKT for 6 months to set up my company's new branch.

They offer me a monthly salary for 1000 usd. Company will provide accommodation and travelling expenses. I have yet to get my offer letter yet. for 1000usd is that enough to survive in JKT?

How much taxes we need to pay to Indonesia government? Where can I get the most accurate information?

Welcome to Expat.com jkt6months!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie.

Welcome to Expat.com jkt6months!:) i'am glad you visit my country indonesia, especially living in jakarta.your company must give u up 1000usd because in the first month u will be spent a lot of money for transportation. traffic in jakarta is suck.if your company don't a gree upping ur salary its ok. living in jakarta u spent only just 200$ for rent room, 150$ for food, 150$ for transport, hang around party and etc is only the rest of ur money.just contact me if u need [email protected] or phone 085216508055

Hi jkt6months,

1000 USD is enough if you dont have a family with you. Just make sure your company covers your accomodation, transportation, insurance, household staff and other essentials.
Then you will spend your money only for food and entertainment. Food there are generally cheap. You can vary your meals from street food to restaurants. Its even better when you cook at home or hire a maid to do it for you.

If you need any further question, feel free to ask!

I have only been here for a two weeks, but $1000 is enough to live on if your company provides you with everything else. Just don't plan on thinking you can live like a king, but it is certainly enough to live comfortably.

If you love your alcohol, you may need to reconsider, or consider it as a 6month of sobbering up!

Hi jkt6months,

In my opinion, having USD1000 monthly is enough if your Company provides allowance for your accommodation, transportation and medical insurance. You may not have a super lifestyle, but you can live comfortably with that amount.
Food in Jakarta is about the same price as in Malaysia, considering cheap. Unless you go to restaurant everyday, it's gonna be tough. If you like to party and alcohol, you still can go for it but not every weekend i think :)
Since you will be here for 6 months and if its more than 183 days, you have to pay tax for expat. The percentage is 20% from your salary. But it depends on your Agreement with your Company whether it will be borne by them or your salary is included for the tax. I think you will know more once you get your OFFER letter :)

Hope it helps!

USD1000 monthly is more than enough for me..

enough or not is depending how the way your lifestyle hehe.
food in jakarta generally not too expensive, well depend on which place !
and try to get place to stay closer to ur office to avoid traffic jam

I think $ 1000 is more than enough as long as you dont go to bar everynight :p kidding

Try this website for cost of living etc  www.numbeo.com