Not here for short term

Hi everyone. I am new to HCM City and I have decided to be here for some time. I am friendly and fairly optimistic about life. I would desire to meet some new friends and check out some coffee joints here. I believe I have close relation with this nation as I share same birth date as Uncle Ho!  I am from Singapore and find it not difficult to integrate since we are all Asian. However, I think I better start by learning Vietnamese first! Have a good day, everyone

Hi Sweetpants,

Im Danial, also Singaporean, living in Saigon. Would be glad to meet up for coffee! Which district are u staying in?

Enjoy Vietnam!!!!!

Do you want to make friend with a vietnamese local student? i'm willing.

welcome... i am too from sg.. taiwanese though, but sg pr. now staying at bihn duong...
welcome.... can contact anytime.... cheers and HUAT AH....

Take your time n look for opportunity first... slowly , you ll realized that there are so many things to do here, compared to Singapore.
Ask around n meet more new friends. There are quite a lot of seasoned Singaporeans in this forum alone. Do not throw yourself into any investments first.
At the meantime put your money in the bank , interest rates are good , even though inflation moves faster than anything , if you spend wisely it shoul be able to cover all your monthly expenses. I know , because I m doing that.

jason bro

really speaking from ex.... need to talk to people like u here at viet... keep positive mindset.
hihi...
anyway, huat ah....

Previously, I have only been here on short trips. But I tell you, I am really scared of the traffic state here - really like got NO LAW. How to cross the street? Are the motorcyclists just trying to kill people? Also the last time I came, ate some food at Benh Thanh market , got diarrhea after that. So all these are lessons learnt- no more such street food! I will take my time to settle down a bit first, really try to learn the language and then see what else to do. Thanks for the comments all, especially Jason1975.

:D..Traffic isn't as bad when u get used to it. infact, i find it safer for bikes to travel here than in Singapore. Of my 2.5years here of riding, only got into 1 accident which is caused by a stupid snatch bag biker.

Crossing the road ... hmmm....just cross, the bikers will swerve around you automatically..

And food...yeah..i had my experience with dirty street food but well we have a saying mah...dirty eat dirty big..:D

Hi Sweetpants!

I'm Linnea, a 22 year old girl from Sweden. I'm also staying in Saigon, don't really know for how long, really like it here. But it would be really nice to meet up with someone who is also new in the town. So if you feel like have a coffee or something some day, just send me a mail and we organize something :)

Hi everyone,

My name's Tina. I'm a Vietnamese living in HCMC. I'm friendly and honest. Nice to make friends with all you guys.

If you want to learn Vietnamse language and culture, or have a coffee together and share something. Just send me an email and we make somthing useful and fun.

Have a nice day!

Hi Linnea,

nice to meet you just drop me inbox i am also new in the town.
or send me a email  Rafaqatb[at]gmail.com

Hi all,

Nice to know you all, drop me a message via my email: [email protected], so we can arrange to hang out together!

Let's all hang out.....:)

Yeah, let's do! What is everybody doing next week? Maybe we can have a beer or something?

Hi.

My name is Dao from Ho Chi Minh City, Tan Binh Dist. I'm interested in studying English and Chinese. I saw that you're from Singapore. We can make friends :)

Pls feel free to contact me ;)

Email and yahoo : [email protected]

Learning Vietnamese will be your advantage in communicating with local people. Hope to talk to you in Vietnamese soon! :)

Any updates about when the bihn duong lock down will be lifted?

yesterday the news was the 15th... but knowing vietnam.. end of month at least

thanks bro.

(deleted) (error thread)

ckitano wrote:

yesterday the news was the 15th... but knowing vietnam.. end of month at least

It's Aug 2, 14 days from July 19 aka the official lockdown day.  Any days during a previous official lockdown do not count.