Safety in Islamabad

Hello,

We have been offered a chance to work in Islamabad. We are a family of four and would like some information regarding the safety / security in Islamabad and general pointers on everyday life there. Specific questions would be:

1. Is it safe for expats?
2. What are your experiences with sending your toddlers to kindergarten?
3. Is it easy to get around, can women go out freely?

We'd appreciate any detail that you can give us.

Hello SamaKhan.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some responses soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi SamaKhan,

I hope that you get some feedback from those living in Islamabad soon. I think that I can at least help you answer question 3.

My sister-in-laws (3) living in Lahore have no issues going out to work, school, shopping, etc. Some cousins in Islamabad also have no issue. It might be helpful to read through some of the blogs by women expats in Pakistan. They have had very positive experiences.

insidepakistaninsideme.blogspot.com

cheeseburgersinpakistan.blogspot.com

expatheather.com

Best of luck!

I'll be visiting Lahore and Islamabad for 1 month in December, IA.

Jamie

ISLAMABAD is the safest city in Pakistan from my experience(10 years in Pakistan)

u don't need to worry.. F-5 to F-11,I-8 sectors are d best and safe d most...

U'll find to many excellent schools for d children..

and yah women are moving freely and safely..

from ur name, it seems to me that u r Pakistani or from this area..sure u had an idea..

Gud luck

Islamabad is one of safe cities in Pakistan as of now. I don't see a problem for an expat to move around in Islamabad. However, you need to exercise vigilance, avoid moving around late at night etc. The primary concern now a days regarding safety of the foreigners in Islamabad is scammers; there are some gangs, some of them identify themselves to be police officers and would ask for body search etc (there have been incidents in which foreigners were deprived of their belongings by such elements), if you encounter them, just ignore them and if they insist, call 15 (police helpline) from your mobile for assistance (you will notice they will disappear immediately). If you need any further assistance, please pm me!

Wlcome Here
We welcome you to Pakistan.
Hello Dear/
Pictures is quite different here.All security measures are not different than any other country.YOU need to be vigilant around like in any other place if you are foreigner as people try to get advantage.that's all.
Im teaching in university where many foreigners are teaching and thousands of students are studying.Life is pretty good in Islamabad.you can easily manage your lifestyle here.you can go or live alone,its not an issue.you can drive and go out day or night.
I would say do come and you will enjoy here.only its VERY HOT in June and July even August.So weather can be a problem.Education of little ones are just fine.we have internationl schools and some very good Private schools.
Language is not a big deal,every other person can speak little english even the shop keeper in Islamabad as they deal with foreigners all the time.
Best of luck
If you need any help or need to ask anything please feel free to write.
have a good day
SOIA

Thanks for giving so much good image of Pakistan (Islamabad) to some potential visitors and this will surely help their confidence to remain motivated.

regards,

Shahid Turab.

Islamabad is green.

Hi Islamabadx,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Can you please tell us a little more about.. yourself and any insight regarding Islamabad ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks Maximilien , well whatever you want to know about me you can surely ask ;) what can i say... apart from that i am an angel :P
As for the Islamabad, there are some new upcoming events and parties(2k13) . Rest Islamabad is Green-Peace .

In Islamabad you can do pretty much what you are used to. So is in Lahore and Karachi the other two main metros. Enjoy.

Have a look here too:

http://www.tourism.gov.pk/destinations.html

yup its 110% safe here in Islamabad do what ever you want to do...

Hey ! Its Salmann from NY City .
Im Paki by birth but living in US frm last 6 y.
I went Islamabad last year and yeah its awesome !! Its such a romantic and beautiful place ... its a city ,a valley covered by heartthrobbing margla hills....
Its a romantic city yeah for sure ,especially if it rains ! <3 It rains almost every day and snow falls in winter.
Yeah there is no security issues,its just like any western city ... no issues with women or something..totally secure !

These videos might help ya :
youtube.com/watch?v=9LpKrZJnyNA
youtube.com/watch?v=-UPnM90nbfU

(watch both the videos till the end its kinda overview of the city )

Islamabad is safe city , Few Tips for foreigners
Few sectors are more safe , i,e F-8 , F-7 and F-6,
other are normal safe ie F-10 , F-11
G sectors are not recmanded for foreigners
H and I sectors are not meant for Foreigners .

Most safest option is Diplomatic Enclave private Houses

reagards

Sumaira

try bahria town islamabad.. its a walled comunity and you will find alot of expats too from EU in phase 1-6 and in executive lodges and safari villas.. ph2 is the one where you will find most expats

womenyoga wrote:

Islamabad is safe city , Few Tips for foreigners
Few sectors are more safe , i,e F-8 , F-7 and F-6,
other are normal safe ie F-10 , F-11
G sectors are not recmanded for foreigners
H and I sectors are not meant for Foreigners .

Most safest option is Diplomatic Enclave private Houses

reagards

Sumaira

Sure the life is Islamabad is not unsafe. It is only media advertisement, however, risk is everywhere in he world but Islamabad is safe area.  The resident in E-Sector, F-Sector or diplomatic areas are more safe.  People are friendly and cooperative. I hope you will enjoy life as it is near to the hilly area named 'MURREE".  One can pass the weekend holidays in Murree especially in summer season.  One can enjoy with snow fall in winter.......wish u good luck and safe arrival in Islamabad......regards