Bank service in HCM city

Hello All,
I will be moving to HCM city soon from USA, for retirement, I am thinking about open a checking account with Citibank for transfer money from USA account to VN account, Is this a good choice or other  bank is better
thanks for your help
David

Might want to check out these threads David for the info your looking for:

https://www.expat.com/forum/219-8-bank-vietnam.html

FYI: Citibank is a no go for transferring funds from the US to Vietnam at the present time.

Hi Budman,

I don't intend on transferring funds at the moment, so it doesn't concern me, but it certainly intrigues me as I have a VND Citibank account; why can't you transfer foreign funds to a Citibank account?

thanks

Matt

citibank.com.vn/english/banking/international-account.htm?eOfferCode=VNENBKLNCIA
Budman1,
After review your link and Read the link of Citibank VN above , I think open an account at Citibank is a good choice for me since I can transfer US money from US account to VN Acount via online, and I will use Citibank ATM whenever I need money, and I can go to Citibank office in Nguyen Hue street , district 1, whenever I have any issue with my account
Thank again
David1992

You can use the services of the ANZ bank, this is a good bank.Address: 39 Le Duan, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

David1992,

As of right now you cannot transfer funds from US, UK, or Germany to Vietnam via Citibanks Global transfer. I was planning on doing the same thing only to find out after I opened Citibank in Vietnam that it is temporarily unavailable.

Another thing to remember is that you must be a holder of a Non-Vietnamese passport to use the Citibank global transfer feature and if you are a US Citizen you will have to sign an IRS tax form and they will 1099 you for any interest earned.

Thank you Parmyd
David