Relocation experts in Belize?

My wife and I (expat Aussies, no kids) are looking to escape the rat race here in California. We're shopping around for a new place to call home and Belize is one of the places on our list. Have a few questions and I'm hoping someone here might share their insight. 

1) I definitely intend to head down for a few exploratory trips.  When is the best time to explore both during peak season and off-season.  Is there a noticeable peak/off season?

2) I've been reading quite a bit on the internet about the rising crime rate in Belize.  As an expat, does this affect your daily life? Is it getting better or worse?

3) Can anyone recommend a reputable person, agency etc on the ground that might be available to act as a local guide/advisor? Is there such a thing as a professional relocation expert in Belize?

Thanks in advance...
C.

I just found this site - belizeparadise.net/

Has anyone been on this tour and be willing to provide some feedback?

Here is a copy of the email I got from these folks...Sounds very promising, but again I am a single and don't know if I want to pay the extra for this trip...Hope this helps

Thank you for your interest in Belize Paradise Tours. This  year we have 9 tour dates scheduled, but non in February. The available dates are below.

There are 2 different tour packages to choose from. The 9 day tour covers Belize City, Placencia, Corozal, Ambergris Caye and the Cayo District. This tour covers north, south, east and west areas of the country.

We also offer a 7 day tour in addition to the 9 day tour for those who may not have as much time to visit. The 7 day tour does not include the Cayo District. This is the area in the southwest and includes the mountain and rainforest areas. The price of the 9 day/8 night tour is $2415 per person based on double occupancy. The 7 day/6 night tour is priced at $1915.For singles add $400 to the 9 day tour price and $300 for the 7 day tour. (If we have 2 solo travelers who are willing, we will book them in the same hotel room and they both can avoid the single person charge.) The price includes hotel accommodations for 8 (or 6) nights, 4 flights within Belize between cities, and all ground transportation including driver. The tour price also includes the professionals seminar, where you receive valuable info from our experts such as an attorney, bankers, insurance agents, immigration officials and tourism board staff. Tour guide service from a Belizean tour guide is also included in the price. Also included in the tour price – boat and snorkeling gear, entrance fee to Belize Zoo and Maya Archaeological site.

With either tour you may include a trip to Dangriga and Hopkins for an additional charge.

2013 DATES:

7 DAY TOUR                                                                                9 DAY TOUR
January 24-30
January 31- February 6                                           January 31 - February 8
March 14-20
April 25 – May 1                                                         April 25- May 3
May 30- June 5                                                         May 30 - June 7
September 26- Oct 2
October 3-9                                                               October 3 -11
December 5-11
December 12-18                                                        December 12 - 20

Round trip airfare from your home is not included.

A deposit of $500 per person will secure your space.