SAP ABAP Sr consultant salary in aarhus and cost of living

Hi,

I have around 7 years of experience in SAP and worked in india,uk and saudi arabia.
currently i am working in Aalborg denmark and getting 24000 dkk after tax and accomodation provided by the company.

I have an offer in Aarhus with 50000 DKK per month before tax, is it good salary compared to what i am getting or it is not good as Aarhus is very expensive (accomodation), can we negoiate with employer?
or generally the employer will take care of Accomodation?

Please suggest me to take decision on your valuable feedback.

Regards

vadlamudi

Vadla: You see although Aarhus is more popular than Aalborg, it depends what you like. Aarhus is as you know the 2nd largest town and Aalborg the fourth largest in Denmark, but they are only 1 œ hour apart.

You write that you get 24,000 now after tax and the offer in Aarhus is 50,000 before tax - so in order to find out which is more profitable you need to know your income tax rate - say it's 50% then you have 25,000 monthly. If you get an apartment paid for in Aarhus then it's good, however Aarhus accommodation is more expensive than accommodation in Aalborg.

Aalborg is cheaper than Aarhus but Aarhus is more cosmopolitan.

Hi Vadlamudi,
    I am Nagaraju. basically i am from India. currently i am working in malaysia. i want some information. can you pls drop your maild id or phone number. i will contact you.

Regards,
Nagaraju.

Hi vadlamudi,

I am in the same cross roads now as you were before 3 yrs.

Can you please advise me on the shortcomings ? Did you move to Aarhus?

Thanks

Hi varee.vijay,

Welcome to expat.com.

Just to inform that this is an old thread from 2013. I'd request you to participate on the recent topics created by our members or create a new one if you have specific questions regarding your situation.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team