Which is the best mode of transport from BGC to Makati City?

Hi Guys,

I am new to Manila. currently staying at BGC and my office is at Chino Roces Avenue, Pasong Tamo Extn, Makati. Can anyone tell me which is the best mode of transport?

Thanks

Car or taxi.  You should take Lawton Ave.  It goes straight to Pasong Tamo Extension.

Taxis are just about impossible to hail during rush hour or rain, so if your going to work, plan accordingly. Really need your own car. To take a jeepney, you would need to transfer a few times and prob take a hour plus.

Thanks Guys for the reply.

Currently I take a taxi everyday to and from office. It becomes a expensive when using taxi on a daily basis. Hence checking for alternate modes of transport.

Well, BGC doesnt allow jeepneys are tricycles except at market market or down by EDSA. Should move to Makati-San Lorenzo- Salcedo village area, its cheaper than BGC.

Two options. 1. Take BGC bus and get off at the terminal MRT,then take a jeepney to wherever you want. But it is not convinient for an expat to ride a jeepney. Be careful.
2. Move to Salcedo.

Our friend, a Filipina, was mugged on a Jeepney so be careful especially late at night. Three Filippinos pulled a gun and took everyones phone and money. Driver may have been involved.

dhnindc wrote:

Our friend, a Filipina, was mugged on a Jeepney so be careful especially late at night. Three Filippinos pulled a gun and took everyones phone and money. Driver may have been involved.

Yes, this is true. Well, foreign people are expected not to roam around very late at night (worst, alone) on a public transpo. Better yet, do all your transactions during the day. Just be careful, everytime. :)

Try taking a bus. There's one that passes by and picks up passengers near JP Morgan and it takes you to Makati. I forgot where exactly, because that was 3 years ago.

Why don't you see it for yourself?

I hope this helps.

This is rare. It's wise to be aware of dangers, but I wish people would not participate in so much scare-mongering. Like this doesn't happen in America a million time's a day? I've ridden jeepney's all over Manila & at all times of the day & night, only problem is getting crushed & getting off at the right place. You just need a bit of common sense.

i agree slipdisc..lol

rakesh.prakash wrote:

Thanks Guys for the reply.

Currently I take a taxi everyday to and from office. It becomes a expensive when using taxi on a daily basis. Hence checking for alternate modes of transport.

How much you're paying for taxi?

oops wrong link this is the right link distancesfrom.com/ph/distance-from-BGC-West-Route-Bus-Stop-to-Chino-Roces-Avenue-Extension-Makati-City/DistanceHistory/8261085.aspx