Email for setting up an appointment for residency application

Hi guys,

does anyone know how long does it take for the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs to reply to the email i sent for setting up an appointment with them?

Cheers

Congratulations! You have chosen the right time to change your residence documents :)

I am joking. We even have the "sticky" topic for this mess named "New ID cards"

It takes from 1 week to 1 month. Maybe more - nobody knows exactly.

Well, i am not changing my documents but i am trying to apply for the first time. Don't really have an option.

I have been through the topic you mentioned but there it's a mess.
So many questions, so many replies, so many different opinions.

Thank you anyways.

NB theyre no longer replying to the mails - well not as much as they were - only one person to deal with it..... best to go to room 5 at castille place and wait to be given an appointment

But don't go on a Friday.

oooh err definitly not on a a friday for sure

had my appointment today - 10am appointment, seen 11:15, outside by 11:35.

queue for an appointment ? - you may succeed, but join a queue for visa extensions and many other things - get there at 7am to stand a chance. Dont go either Wednesday or Friday (or Saturday or Sunday)

Hi George,

congratulations!

We are still waiting for our e-residence cards. Now 5 weeks.

What documents were you asked to show? According to the update from the German embassy website Germans with a valid residence document only need to bring a photocopy and no other documents !

Is that standard procedure for EU's or special for German nationals ?

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

What documents were you asked to show? According to the update from the German embassy website Germans with a valid residence document only need to bring a photocopy and no other documents !

Is that standard procedure for EU's or special for German nationals ?

It says the same on the British High Commission website, but when I mentioned this the guy said its easier for them if you give them all the docs asked for, so I did.

In my case as self sufficient

health cover
passport
financial independence
old residency doc
ID card
copies of all of the above

for my wife as family member (shes TCN)
health cover
passport
wedding cert
old residency doc
ID card
copies of all of the above

big thing - make sure you take copies - if you don't they have to do it, slowing down the whole process

ps told 2 months wait for new cards, and appointments full til June

Does Lynn HAVE to present her divorce certificate?
I have had conflicting information regarding this, thanks

I heard that because of the new system, applying ID-cards now takes a looooong time. It a one big mess. Im also waiting to get some response..

I just want to warn people that it could be better to wait until after March 8 ( The day I was told is some kind of election ) because there could be even FURTHER problems with the office being opened or closed - Apparently Tuesday and Thursday are the best days.

My last visit there, had a sign that read they was closed on Mondays and Fridays was for diplomats or something to that nature but maybe Wednesday is another one from what George posted on the thread.

redmik wrote:

Does Lynn HAVE to present her divorce certificate?
I have had conflicting information regarding this, thanks

I would think it is best to have a copy of it with you just in case, better to be over prepared than under prepared but I dont know if there is a proven answer because as you say there is a lot of conflicting information and it appears to be that you dont really find out for sure what they actually require until you are sitting in front of them. I may be wrong though so if anyone has a definite answer I hope they come on and tell you :)

georgeingozo wrote:

had my appointment today - 10am appointment, seen 11:15, outside by 11:35.

Thats good news, hopefully they are now getting quicker at processing people's applications and things will go more smoothly, I was getting a bit worred after hearing a couple of people's earlier experiences!

PEProChef wrote:

My last visit there, had a sign that read they was closed on Mondays and Fridays was for diplomats or something to that nature but maybe Wednesday is another one from what George posted on the thread.

Wednesday - office closed
Friday - asylum seekers

George, did you have your current residency document taken off you or just your id card?

Did you use the bus and if so did you have to pay the higher fare on the way back?

I drove

They let me keep my old doc, but I had to ask

Okay, thankyou george

the old system you definitely needed divorce papers for the lady but not the man..(i know that for a fact as we were required to have it 5yrs ago when we applied for res cert).....not sure what the new system requires in this regard  better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

The office is closed for several days (up to 8 days I think) for counting votes in the election and other reasons.I would post the article about the closing arrangements that was in the Times of Malta but I cannot find it on-line.
Thank you, I know it is best to be prepared regarding papers but we have to apply for copies as Lynn threw hers out and I was hoping to save hassle and cost :-)

Yes, it is a hassle, hopefully you will be able to get it without too much cost etc, good luck. Unless you are very lucky with an eresidence application appointment you probably have months to sort it :)

redmik wrote:

The office is closed for several days (up to 8 days I think) for counting votes in the election and other reasons.I would post the article about the closing arrangements that was in the Times of Malta but I cannot find it on-line.
Thank you, I know it is best to be prepared regarding papers but we have to apply for copies as Lynn threw hers out and I was hoping to save hassle and cost :-)

Closed??? What?? This saga is getting deeper.....they can not cope with an applicants now let alone when they close for a week...OMG!! :/

Popova A wrote:
redmik wrote:

Closed??? What?? This saga is getting deeper.....they can not cope with an applicants now let alone when they close for a week...OMG!! :/

It's the ID office that's closing, which has nothing to do with the eResidence docs

georgeingozo wrote:
Popova A wrote:
redmik wrote:

It's the ID office that's closing, which has nothing to do with the eResidence docs

Ahh i see...sorry misunderstood ...

PEProChef wrote:

I just want to warn people that it could be better to wait until after March 8 ( The day I was told is some kind of election ) ...

This is THE election ;)
And if the political landscape will change as it is predicted, also a lot of administrative guidelines/directives are supposed to be changed (to be more conform with EU laws) ... we'll see :/

Markus

We are staying in on March 10th when results are posted :)
Round here they all seem to want the PL to win, time for a change they say.
Lots of political road shows going on too.

well after almost 25 years of PN - it could well be time for a change but then only time will tell - it could be for the good but it could be the other way too - who knows???...not lived here long enough and never experienced a labour government here.

buy hey why  not?

id stay off the roads on the 11th too as thats the day the cavalcades start....

If it helps, I first emailed fo an appintment on 5th Feb. Evevtually got an appointment through on Feb 13th but was dated for Tuesday 11th May. Problem is the 11th May is a Saturday! I have emaild repeatedly for a proper day/date but still no response. The mailbox hs been "full" and emails bounced back ever since Thursday!
Hopefully I'll get an appointment before Christmas!!

Grizabella wrote:

If it helps, I first emailed fo an appintment on 5th Feb. Evevtually got an appointment through on Feb 13th but was dated for Tuesday 11th May. Problem is the 11th May is a Saturday! I have emaild repeatedly for a proper day/date but still no response. The mailbox hs been "full" and emails bounced back ever since Thursday!
Hopefully I'll get an appointment before Christmas!!

which year..... 2016....