Job prospects in riyadh

Hello dear friends,:D
I am new to Saudi Arabia and this blog too. I needed some information regarding teaching jobs in Riyadh.I am a non native speaker of English and as of now I am doing PHD in English Literature and have been selected for the CELTA course. My intention is to join a good university in Riyadh as an English teacher, not now most probably after a year or so.( as i have two kids to look after) I have fourteen years of experience in this field. Do I stand any chance in this regard? If so kindly advice me as to how I should go about it. Do recruiting agents run the show here? Do the universities employ non native speakers if they fullfill the eligibility criteria?

Thanks in advance :)

highriser wrote:

Do recruiting agents run the show here? Do the universities employ non native speakers if they fullfill the eligibility criteria?

Networking is key and something you should currently pursue. You need to put yourself out there, so to speak, in order to connect with those already teaching and get a feel for what it's like to teach in Riyadh.  Email the British Council in Riyadh to see what professional teaching groups you can join and for info on upcoming workshops, where you'll meet other English language teachers.  Similarly, look into becoming a member of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Association of Language Teachers (KSAALT).  Right before you're ready to resume teaching, let your networking connections know; your efforts should result in landing you a teaching job.

:)
Thank you smurfette, it was indeed very kind of you to reply.  God bless you.