School costs

Hi I'm Georgina and orginally from the Bristol area but now live in Cornwall.  We went to Keyna last year on a wonderful holiday and met some superb people.  We had the honour of going to a tribal village and befriendly a lovely family.  We would like to send some money to help send his children to school however we have no idea of costs etc if anyone.   This particular man was so good and helpful to us, I am in a wheelchair, so as much a strange sight to the Keyna tribal people as there way of life to us.

Hi Gordano1!

Welcome to Expat.com!
I hope the other members will be able to help you out.

Regards
Armand

thank you

You must be commended for your generosity. Having sais thus, it is important to note that the cost of schools in Kenya varies greatly, depending on (1)Location (2)Type, i.e. private, day, or boarding school, etc (3)Grade

I don't think tribal people send their kids to International School in Nairobi. Any Kenyan can help? I unfortunately don't know the prices of regular public schools here. I don't think it is expensive in West Europe terms.

Quite ignorant of this person to say, "tribal people don't send their kids to international schools." That sounds very racist to me. Grow up!

Yeah, I am not African, what do I know? In my country farmers don't send kids to good schools cus they can't afford it. If in Kenya is different, good for you.
If you are not an ignorant, why don't you help that Lady then?

hello,be blessed mightily for your kind heart and willingness to bless this family,how old are the children?which classes are they in and which location?with that information would of much more help as primary and secondary fees always differ,

The children at present go to the tribal village school, but we would like to help them achieve their dreams to  send the children to a state school to help educate the children better. The children are boy 8 and two girls 6 and 4.  They live in Samburu national park. 

We were blessed that our guide took us on visit to the tribal village and to see and experience the way of life.  Then on our return to our lodge we showed this particular man that was so kind and helpful to us our photo's and he was so overcome as it was his own village and we had acutally taken photos of his children and wife and ofcourse relatives.  It was then that we thought that God had blessed us to beable to go on a visit to the tribe, as it was only that we mentioned to our guide in passing that our daughter was a primary school teacher and was doing about Keyna that he asked if he could arrange it would we like to go.  We were able to take pictures of the children and then sent photo's back from my daughters school so that they too could see the different way of schooling.

Thank you for your help

oky with that,that's lower primary school,for a good private boarding schools in Nairobi or neighbouring of Nairobi,at least 20-25000kes per term,but if you consider schools like brae-burn kinder of schools that would be like 150,000per term.but there are soo many good private boarding schools ranging 20-25000kes,

hoping that helps

Thank you so much for your help